Our mission is to 'help people save and invest with confidence'. We are looking for great people to join us, so please come and invest in YOUR future at HL.
WHY SHOULD YOU BE INTERESTED?Hargreaves Lansdown (HL) is looking for looking for someone with exceptional analytical and writing skills, as well as excellent technical knowledge of funds and markets to join the Investment team.
HL researches thousands of funds and aims to highlight the best of this analysis to our clients via our favourite funds list and a range of Multi-Manager funds. Our team of investment analysts conducts this research, and produces articles and reports on funds, investments and markets. This is invaluable to help attract and retain clients, which now number more than 1 million. The quality, simplicity and accessibility of our research is an important part of HL's success.
More than 30 years’ experience and wisdom has gone into developing our research and communication style. Applying this wisdom and building on it is an important part of an Investment Analyst’s role. A strong interest in and experience working with funds, personal finance and investment is essential.
This is a rare and unique opportunity to join one of the most highly-regarded investment research teams in the country. You will help to produce ‘the best information’ for HL clients, which in turn enables them to make effective and profitable investment decisions.
Responsibilities will include analysing funds, sectors and markets; and helping to select funds within your designated sectors for our favourite funds list. Our team of analysts also produce articles and investment-related content for the HL website and Investment Times magazine. Other duties include:
- Writing interesting and informative fund updates, expressing our research in an accessible way for clients.
- Contributing ideas on which funds / investment areas the team should highlight to investors, and collaborating with the Content team to discuss and implement ideas for content
- Taking responsibility for one or more Investment Association sectors, producing sector reviews and keeping clients up to date with the progress of their fund(s)
- Attending fund manager meetings, appraising all aspects of their investment process, forming opinions, and discussing with the wider team
- Expressing opinions on which funds should be added to or removed from our favourite funds list
- Helping other areas of the business with fund and investment-related queries
- Providing support to the Head of Investment Analysis and helping lead the team in their absence
- Helping to train new members of the team, editing the research reports of other team members, and ensuring the team produces high quality work
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with other team members and our clients
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Experience working as an Investment Analyst or Writer, or similar
- The successful candidate must have the appropriate industry qualification, up to RQF Level 4 (such as the CII Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning)
- Experience leading a team/providing support to others
- A strong interest in and experience working with funds and investments
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Awareness of HL’s current research / fund views
- Excellent writing skills
- An enquiring mind and good attention to detail
- Desire to build a long-term career at HL
- A genuine enthusiasm for researching and writing about investments
- Creative and innovative, willing to suggest new ideas
- Desire to learn and keep abreast of industry developments
- The ability to be proactive and prioritise your workload to meet pre-determined deadlines
- Be commercially minded and ambitious to deliver results
- Educated to degree level in appropriate field
WHAT'S ON OFFER?
- Performance-related annual bonus scheme
- 25* days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, plus additional Christmas closure time
- Option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday each year
- Pension scheme - up to 19% contribution
- Flexible working options available
- Enhanced parental leave benefits
- Variety of travel to work schemes, including season ticket loans
- Bike storage and shower facilities
- Employee assistance programme
- Annual events, activities and sports groups
- Dress down Fridays
- Free fruit Wednesdays
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't tick every box. If you're excited about working for us, and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates.