Our mission is to 'help people save and invest with confidence'. We are looking for great people to join us, so please come and invest in YOUR future at HL.
Career Development Path: Managing or being an expert
Reporting into: Head of Project Management
Our Senior Project Managers ensure that projects are well-planned, coordinated, meet our necessary risk, compliance and financial control requirements and are delivered professionally and to schedule. They predominantly manage IT-led developments, from multi-year programmes to smaller agile deliveries. They must be able to take responsibility and ensure effective decisions are made to keep projects on track. They must have a strong understanding of the development process and related activities and be able to robustly identify and resolve issues to ensure progression. Being able to communicate effectively with project sponsors, stakeholders and project staff is essential.
The position is a fixed term contract and you will be expected to bring experience and ability to the role and autonomously start to pick up projects and run them to a high degree of quality and competence. Motivating and leading a multi skilled team to achieve the goals of any given project.
This position requires specific experience in the implementation of a CRM, BPM or ERP. This experience should be end of an end to end implementation ideally.
- Overseeing the project delivery from start to finish of complex projects that span one or multiple lines of business or carry complex dependencies.
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs.
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Mentoring and leading less experienced project managers on project management best practice.
- Follow the chosen project management methodology and support others in the process.
- Communicate progress of projects throughout the project's lifecycle to all relevant parties, using the most appropriate method.
- Project, resource and dependencies planning.
- Resource management.
- Risks, Actions, Issues, Dependencies and Decisions management.
- Acting as central point of contact for all development requests (projects and tasks).
- Developing the Project Management Office.
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Liaising with Project Sponsors (Directors), Stakeholders, Business Analysts, Developers, Testers, Risk, Compliance and Service Management to ensure deadlines are met and issues addressed as they arise.
- Maintaining consistent communication throughout a project's lifecycle.
- Improving project management processes and keeping supporting documentation up to date.
- Managing expectations.
- Maintaining relationships between project team members and peers.
- Ensuring project priorities are adhered to.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage own workload.
- Ability to manage and motivate people.
- Ability to calmly resolve conflict and challenging situations.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Resourceful and hard working.
WHAT'S ON OFFER?
- Performance-related annual bonus scheme
- 25* days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, plus additional Christmas closure time
- Option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday each year
- Pension scheme - up to 19% contribution
- Flexible working options available
- Enhanced parental leave benefits
- Variety of travel to work schemes, including season ticket loans and cycle to work
- Bike storage and shower facilities
- Employee assistance programme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Annual events, activities and sports groups
- Smart casual dress policy and dress down Fridays
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't tick every box. If you're excited about working for us, and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates.