Seeking for an experienced Cloud engineer to work almost exclusively within the client technology department. One of the primary focuses for the department is to enable our clients to succeed by building customer facing solutions that enable them to fulfil their goals. We want a person passionate about engineering great cloud solutions. This person should be able to think in an unconstrained way and be willing to drive positive change for the organisation.
The team is characterized by people with a passion for continuous improvement, continuous delivery and making a difference for our clients. This person should be happy to spend time understanding our clients motivations and mindset to ensure we build the best possible solutions to meet their needs.
We are looking for a bright, experienced Cloud engineer who is friendly and easy to work with, a great team player, positive, technically very strong, passionate about technology and motivates people around them. They should also enjoy problem solving, is analytical and able to think out of the box, and can communicate effectively and precisely.
- AWS certified or relevant experience deploying and managing cloud based applications.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform.
- Automation experience using Puppet and Ansible.
- Configuring and managing CI tools such as Jenkins.
- Configuration management.
- Must have worked using agile methodologies.
- Self-motivated and driven to learn new technologies.
- Experience of building and delivering Enterprise solutions.
- Working using source version control software (GIT).
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Working closely with developers.
- At least one scripting language (such as Python or Ruby).
- Development of Build and Release Pipelines.
- Understanding of building and running containers using Kubernetes.
- Mentoring staff in best practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organisational skills
- Copes well under pressure and with uncertainty
- Flexible and adaptive