About IHS Markit
At the heart of IHS Markit, we are an information company. With expertise across the world's largest industries we leverage technology and data science, to provide the insights, software and data to help our customers make better informed decisions, driving growth, performance and efficiency.
On our Graduate Program, you will join a team of industry experts who will work with you to accelerate your development. With exciting learning opportunities at its core, we'll help you focus on building the essential skills needed for a successful and meaningful transition into the professional world.
Learning is a continuous journey of personal and professional development. Our holistic approach leverages classroom based, digital, and peer to peer learning opportunities throughout the program, alongside mentoring and career development guidance. You will be part of a global class, building an invaluable network of knowledge and support from your mentors, peer group and wider teams.
Eligibility: Our next Graduate Program launches in 2020. We're looking for final year students who are working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree (or equivalent), and due to complete their studies and be available for a full time graduate role commencing in the summer of 2020.
This role sits within our Markit Securities Finance (MSF) Client Services and Product Specialists team. The team is responsible for providing product and technical expertise for our securities finance buyside and sellside clients. On a day to day basis the team are responsible for product training, troubleshooting and problem resolution, addressing client queries, and ensuring our clients receive a best-in-class customer experience.
As part of this role you will be responsible for:
- Troubleshooting and resolving client queries
- Coordinating with clients and internal teams to onboard new client data
- Provisioning and monitoring of client trials
- Liaising with Product Specialist and Sales teams to provide usage and access data in support of the sales process
- Frequent interaction with MSF systems and salesforce to maintain client records
- Work with MSF Media team on campaigns, commentary distribution, and ad hoc events
- Fulfil client requests through creation of custom database extracts, utilization of MSF and third party tools (including Bloomberg and FactSet)
What we're looking for
We seek candidates with diverse backgrounds and ideas with a desire to learn and thrive. The program will provide you with a variety of experiences to help you identify your strengths develop highly transferable skills and align you to a successful career path for a bright future at IHS Markit. To be an ideal fit for the role, you'll have:
- A Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree (or equivalent) completed no later than September 2020, in Economics, Statistics, Finance or Business Administration.
- Familiarity with Factset, Bloomberg, Excel APIs and database management software a plus.
- Proficiency in financial markets business practices a plus
- This program is aimed at graduates with 0-12 months relevant experience
- Demonstrated passion or interest in one or more of our key industries
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- The ability to build strong working relationships in a collaborative setting
- Be legally eligible to work for the duration of the program in the country for which you apply
UK Eligibility: To be eligible for our Graduate program you must have the right to work full-time in the UK now and in the future. We currently do not offer visa sponsorship, however we do run our programs in a number of locations across the globe and welcome you to consider those that are relevant to you.
How to apply
Submit your online application, which should include your CV, along with a short cover letter/motivational statement (we suggest around 300 words).
- We want to hear more about you; why you're interested in joining IHS Markit, and why you're interested in being considered for the role/s you have applied for.
Applications close 20 April.
Application and assessment process
The assessment process is designed to ensure you can learn more about us and showcase your skills.
- Stage 1: Submit online application, including CV and cover letter
- Stage 2: Initial screening process
- Stage 3: Final stage interview
COVID-19: Important information for candidates
The health and wellbeing of our people and candidates is of critical importance to us and we have been closely monitoring the developments of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
We all have a role to play in minimising the spread of the virus, and therefore please note the following:
- As a technology driven workplace, we will continue regular interviewing via video conferencing as our preferred method until further notice
Our commitment to diversity
Our business and our customers are diverse, and we believe that embracing a diverse and inclusive environment is key to defining who we are. Our people are what makes us unique and you will get the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from across the world who continuously find the best possible solutions, adding value and driving change for our customers.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.