As an Account Manager at IHS Markit, your primary responsibility will be to retain and grow new upstream energy data, software, and insight revenue within an assigned account base. You will develop, manage and create new relationships from the geoscientist to the C-Suite.
- Sell solutions: You will be assigned sales goals relative to both growing existing
customer accounts and securing new business. Adopt a structured, solutions-based sales
process that enables you to meet and exceed your sales targets. You will also generate and
deliver compelling sales proposals to customers.
- Get to know our customers: Establish and maintain executive-level relationships in
major functional areas of our customers' organizations; understand their workflows; know what
over-arching sales strategy is being deployed within each account. Use this knowledge,
combined with your thorough understanding of our full suite of offerings, to develop tailored
solutions that enhance the value of the insights we deliver to our customers.
- Bring new ideas to light: Introduce new Energy capabilities to organizations within
your assigned clients. Provide ongoing feedback about customer needs to our Product Management
and Research teams.
- Provide visibility: Deliver an accurate monthly sales forecast to your Sales Leader in
- 10 years+ experience selling data content, software, consulting, business solutions or other
- Experience and knowledge of Upstream Energy Geoscience, Business Development, New Ventures,
and Strategic Planning workflows (will also consider broader upstream energy sector workflow
- Demonstrated experience:
- Developing contracts and the proposal process, as well as some experience negotiating
- Analyzing business opportunities develop effective sales strategies and close
- Developing account and territory plans to achieve penetration and grow revenue.
- Conducting effective presentations to clients at all levels of an organization.
- Developing contracts and the proposal process, as well as some experience negotiating with clients.
- Ability to write reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Team player who works collaboratively with colleagues, management and all points of the
- Bachelor's degree required. Energy Management, Geosciences or Engineering preferred.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.