Company & Team - "About Us"
The goal of the EMEA Calling team is to gather information to profile buy-side institutions within the EMEA region. Analysts primarily use the telephone to gather information but will also read websites, regulatory filings and news articles. Through web research and phone calls to investment professionals and other staff, they gather business intelligence that powers IHS Markit products for clients in the Capital Markets and Investor Relations field.
The EMEA Calling team consists of 6 members and 1 manager, which fits into a bigger research team that covers various segments of the coverage universe, in order to make our offering complete and comprehensive for our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
You will be a key member of the IHS Markit Content team. Reporting into the local Content management team, you will be part of our data base maintenance team, that ensures the information we are making public to our clients, is the most up to date and accurate version we have access to.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- 70% of your time will be spent on the phone, trying to source or validate information
- Web researching and analysing information
- Capturing this data into our internal app
- Coming up with innovative solutions in order to keep our processes as efficient as they can be
Job Requirements - "About You"
You are detail orientated person, that can make fast decisions based on what you gather through your research process.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written command of the English language
- As this is a calling team, so you must be able to ask probing questions on calls in order to get as much detailed information as possible and should not be easily deterred.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships
- Must be very detail-oriented and able to capture this information into our internal app using IHS Markit research and style guidelines
- Good online research skills and the ability to analyse existing sources of information as well as find new ones. Comfortable navigating official registries and experience with data entry is advantageous.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and be flexible to adapt to changes in a fast-paced working environment
- Knowledge of the buy-side or capital markets a plus but not required
- Experience with Microsoft Office suit
- Moderate/Intermediate Excel skills is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Agile and experience with Jira will be advantageous
- You will be required to work from home from time to time, so a minimum Fibre line of 10mbps is a must in order to fully support all our systems
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- Cash incentive plan and equity award
- Options to work from home occasionally
- Flexible working hours
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.