Who is Markit Digital
We design, develop, and host data rich, full featured, high traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients around the world. We use modern API-driven client-side rendered frameworks and .NET server-side rendered applications to deliver custom user interfaces that complement our clients' existing brand. With access to thousands of in-house data feeds, we utilize highly leveraged service tier applications to create solutions that delight our customers. Working in an agile and highly collaborative environment, our teams join together as one to deliver world class products.
What you'll do
• Work with Engineering Manager and Scrum Master to lead a cross-functional agile team developing and maintaining products providing value-added backend vendor data to our clients and feature teams.
• Develop "how" we build and deliver software solutions that align with the customer and technology vision in partnership with Technical and Solution Architects
• Produce high quality SQL designs and code that are performant, intuitive, and secure.
• Dive into data with the desire to understand it and it's relationship to other data in our systems. You like data and want to ensure it is represented correctly.
• Build and maintain technical backlog, pipeline, and roadmap. Work with team leadership to prioritize.
• Partner with the team to meet both internal and client delivery dates
• Design, lead, and execute technical solutions and improvements.
• Mentor and coach team members of all levels; every code review, every design review is a coaching opportunity.
What we look for
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 7+ years of development for relational database applications
• Proven leadership and mentoring skills
• Substantial experience in Agile development methodologies
• Ability to strategize how to best support competing priorities for client delivery and technical innovation/improvement.
• Ability to design and develop relational database schemas and code stored procedures with an eye towards performance, testability, and ease of maintenance
• Extensive skill with performance analysis and tuning
• Experience with XML and/or JSON.
• A passion to understand our data and how it's represented
Applicable experience using the following technologies and skills:
- Transact-SQL, SSIS
- SQL Query plan analysis
- Centralized version control system like Git or Subversion
- C# or Java
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Demonstrated expertise handling large data sets and fast transactional environment
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
The following experience is encouraged:
• Unit test development using using frameworks like J-meter
• Solar Winds/Database Performance Analysis
• SQL Enlight
• Understanding of RESTful APIs with Swagger/OpenAPI specifications using Node.js
• Experience using tools such as GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Artifactory, Consul, and Docker
• Experience with Continuous Integration and automated testing
• Understanding of test driven development
• Knowledge of Financial domain
* This role is not eligible for relocation assistance or visa sponsorship at this time
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.