We are a G lobal team that provides Expert T echnical Su pport across the suite of MarkitS ERV products by partnering with our Client Services and C ore P roject teams to resolve Regional and Global client issues whil e continually improving our platforms. Our G oal is simple: High Quality Services for M axim um Client Satisfaction .
About The Job
The job will present you with opportunities for expo s ure to FX Trade Processing platforms and how they are being used to support large Financial deals. Through our comprehensive monitoring architecture and systems, issues are rapidly highlighted for immediate investigation and resolution . Supported by relevant tools and processes, teams continuously collaborate to investigate, resolve and improve the platforms .
Duties & A ccountabilities
Your duties will include the providing technical L2 and L3 support to both internal and external customers across our full suite of OTC Derivative products and FX for post-trade confirmation processing.
You will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills and have a natural ability to learn with a keen interest in technology. You must be a team player and enjoy working in a high-performance collaborative global group.
The successful candidate will need to able to apply strong technical skills and good business knowledge, together with investigative techniques and problem solving skills to identify and resolve issues in a timely and high quality manner.
Liaising with other team members, Product, Development and particularly the Infrastructure teams as required for 3rd line escalation. Technical advisory will be required at times by Product and business or clients for solution delivery.
Working directly with clients, to understand and resolve issues and liaising with delivery teams to ensure readiness for new platform releases. Based in our Penang office, you will be responsible for handling escalations, identify and communicate technical resolutions in English. You will also work on initiat ives around platform industrializ ation, proactive application health monitoring and reporting.
Business C ompetencies
Education and E xperience
- University graduate or equivalent with background of B achelors in C omputer
S cience or M athematics equivalent
- Business level English
- Ability to read and trace Java, C++ and/or scripting languages
- Possess the understanding of PAAS and implementation with OpenShift
- Experience or having high motivation to pick up cloud implementation on AWS
- Experience in handling client issues and expectation management
- Experience in Application Support, software development and deployment (SDLC)
- Good Unix skills including scripting experience
- Experience of XML and XSLT
- Experience of databases, preferably but not limited to Oracle
- Good understanding of messaging platforms and protocols like FIX and IBM MQ
- Understanding of networking principles, its practical uses and basic troubleshooting
- Experience in encrypted connectivity channels utili z ing SSL and TLS
- Have experience of working in the Finance Industry
- Commercial awareness
- Knowledge of the Financial OTC Derivative and FX products
- Good understand of Application Support processes
- Awareness of Derivatives products and Trade Processing (desirable)
Personal C ompetencies
- Personal I mpact
- Confident Individual - able to represent the team at various levels
- Keen Problem Solver & Analytical nature
- Customer Focused
- Self-starter willing to pick up issues and making sure they are followed through to
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations
- Process Oriented - happy to recommend, work to and support good processes and controls
- Good communicator both written and verbally
- Successfully communicate handover of issues between global regions
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to work under own initiative
- Be flexible regarding hours including weekends and public holi days
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.