IHS Markit's Dividend Forecasting service provides independent, discrete forecasts for dividend amounts and dates up to four years in the future. It covers over 20,000 stocks including emerging markets, ADRs and ETFs.
Dividend forecasts are a key input used to price options and futures. Our main customers include investment banks, hedge funds, risk managers and derivatives exchanges.
Dividend forecasts are created using a bottom-up, research led methodology to provide the highest level of accuracy. They are based a range of factors including the latest market news and direct company guidance, fundamental analysis, historical observations and peer group trends.
The successful candidate will lead the APAC dividend research team and be working with our Equities Sales team to grow our business in the APAC region. Members of the team are responsible for providing dividend forecasts for a portfolio of stocks, through in-depth research and financial analysis of company fundamentals. This is a senior position that will be based in Singapore.
Duties & accountabilities
- Managing the APAC Dividend Forecasting team
- Ensuring SLA are met
- Grow the revenue, working with the Equities Sales team, by attending Sales calls with prospect, and providing the follow ups
- Present new product initiatives to clients, joining calls and presentations
- Response to daily client demands with bespoke analysis
- Work with development teams on projects to streamline and improve business processes
- Handle ad-hoc projects on data and system improvements.
- Education and experience
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in a financial/ accounting/ business discipline, preferably with around 1 year of relevant work experience
- Management Experience
- Business Development Experience
- Must have strong knowledge or past experience of financial statement analysis
- Must be fluent in written and verbal English for business purposes
- Fluency in an APAC language a strong advantage
- Must be proficient in Excel
- SQL/VBA/MACRO skills an advantage
- Knowledge of equities derivatives an advantage
- Proven interest in financial markets
- Good product knowledge across various financial asset classes
- Personal impact
- Strong problem solving skills
- Flexibility and attitude to achieve tight deadlines
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
- Comfortable working in a team environment
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.