Associate Director/Sales - Automotive Australia - APAC
Automotive solutions from IHS Markit leverage technology and data science to provide unique insights, forecasts and advisory services spanning every major market and the entire automotive value chain-from product planning to marketing, sales and the aftermarket.
You will lead the Automotive Sales Team in Australia (1 account manager), and develop our business in the country, reporting directly into the Vice President of the APAC Automotive Sales Team. You will drive the revenues for the Automotive product portfolio within your assigned named accounts as well as winning new customers in Australia through OEMs, NSCs, Insurance, Finance, Government, Aftermarket, Online retail,...
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with the local and global product team to define our strategy
- Plan own account approach and manage involved resources
- Secure new business by identifying, approaching, assessing, and closing new customers/opportunities
- Generate a substantive sales pipeline to produce revenue in line with quota
- Ensure accurate forecasting, pipeline management and compliance with sales processes and tools usage
- Meet with customers frequently and continuously match IHS Markit solutions to current and future strategic customer challenges
- Optimizing results for customer and IHS Markit
- Responsible for building, developing, and maintaining positive relationships with executive level clients.
- Establish and maintain executive level relationships in major functional areas of the
You are a proactive Sales and Business Development manager with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong hunting skills, with minimum 5 years of professional work experience in the Automotive Industry. You are passionate about the Automotive Industry and have a proficient understanding of the challenges of Automotive market players. You enjoy the interaction with customers, you can gain the cooperation of others, and prepare and conduct presentations concerning specific - partially technical - products and services. You are always finding the best solution for your customers while increasing revenue for IHS Markit at the same time.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Strategic and operational account and opportunity management
- Strong acquiring skills with creativity in finding new leads/customers/opportunities
- Cultivating prospects, tenacity and drive to seek new business
- Identification of customer needs, qualification and quickly assessing potential of opportunities
- Acquirement to gain customer trust and respect by establishing and maintaining effective relationships
- Ability to match products and solutions to current and future strategic customer challenges
- Proficient understanding of core sales processes, pipeline management and forecasting and ability to manage complexity (territory/ accounts/ products/ services)
- Teamworking skills and a collaborative approach to work in conjunction with the ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals
- Management skills
What we offer
- Fix Salary, Sales Commission
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Strong client base and broad product portfolio
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.