Position title: Associate I Software Developer
Years of Experience: 2 - 5 Years
Department: Maritime & Trade
Shift Timings: General Shift
Our in-depth data, analysis and news enables customers around the world to address challenges - including market volatility, regulatory changes and global risks - while developing new opportunities and remaining competitive. Our customers rely on IHS Markit Maritime & Trade to make mission-critical decisions that support supply-chain, logistics, compliance, defence, procurement and commercial strategies. Our unsurpassed capabilities provide a real-time source for ship movements data and documents combined with trade data and commodity movements to help organizations and governments prepare for the future, ensure regulatory compliance and secure oceans and ports from security threats.
The person will be responsible for building & maintaining best in class data analytics solutions and visualizations using Tableau and other BI tools. The incumbent will also share Tableau Server Management responsibilities, including contents, data sources, users, sites, etc.
What You'll Do
- Partner Industry Solution SMEs in developing best-in-class analytics and visualization
- Manage Tableau Servers (Sites/Workbooks/Views/Users/Data Sources)
- Ensuring highest level of quality in all deliverables
- Reviewing deliverables for accuracy and communicating effectively to all the stakeholders
- Developing Tableau Workbooks
- Troubleshooting Tableau Workbook issues reported
- Creation and testing of new and existing workbook artifacts
- Maintaining up to date documentation for each process
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Strong Business Analytics skill & exposure
- Minimum 2 years of experience in developing Tableau dashboards.
- Tableau Server Management experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Strong Project Management skills; able to manage & execute project through its life cycle with minimal supervision
- Strong Time Management skills; able to prioritize tasks in hand and adhere to timelines
- Experience in manipulating and analyzing complex high-volume data from various sources, using tools such as SQL, MS Excel, etc.
- Total Rewards. Monetary, beneficial and developmental rewards!
- Work Life Balance. You can't do a good job if your job is all you do!
- Prepare for the Future. Academy - we are all learners; we are all teachers!
- Employee Assistance Program. Confidential and Professional Counselling and Consulting.
- Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
- Internal Mobility. Grow with us!
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.