Under guidance and working diligently towards the ability to self-direct, you will:
- Collaborate with development team and product management on the development of software products
- Effectively communicate technical information and status to colleagues
- Plan, develop and test new solutions that meet customer's business needs
- Learn and apply effective design techniques for maintainability, testability, scalability, performance, security, etc.
- Collaborate with QA to establish testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested before release
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in software development industry
- Understanding of Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with web based applications in C#, .NET, MVC, HTML, CSS, AngularJS, web services, and third-party libraries and API
- Solid .NET and Microsoft technologies background
- Working knowledge of relational databases and Entity Framework
- Cloud development experience with Amazon AWS/Microsoft Azure is preferred
- Experience working with E&P/Oil and Gas/Energy data is a plus
- Experience working with MFC/C++ is a plus
- Highly collaborative - an affinity for finding the best solutions by working together with internal and external users
- Curiosity - always seeking the "why's" and "how's" in the interest of continuous learning and the mastery of a craft
- Comfortable with ambiguity - can begin to explore and solve problems even when the problem and solution are not always well defined
- Self-disciplined - determined to take the time to do things the right way
- Passion - enthusiasm for coding and new technologies and their potential to make an impact
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.