Associate II SQA Engineer
Manager, Software Engineering
PVR - Content Development Program
Content Development Program (CDP) provides high-quality entity, ownership, and compliance data across a wide range of equity and fixed income asset classes. Our data enables financial institutions to make informed decisions around investor relation, trading, valuations, and risk management.
CDP enables efficient collaboration between Issuers, Banks, and Investors by streamlining operations and enhance performance with data-driven portfolio monitoring, investor reporting, investment insights, compliance, valuations, for our Global Clients.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Software Engineer in Test, you will participate in a fast-paced Agile development team, building financial web applications. Your main responsibilities will be to design, develop, and implement manual and automated tests for software solutions that scale across applications as well as learn and leverage the current methodologies and technologies.
What You'll Do:
- The responsibilities of Software Engineer in Test are primarily focused providing working automation solutions to quality assurance team
- Create and manage automated test cases using Specflow driving Selenium Webdriver
- Strong in C# coding practices
- Good experience in writing the SQL Queries
- Good understanding on in all testing levels API, UI, System Level using automation frameworks.
- Develops and executes manual & automated tests
- Works with developers and product owners closely to review test coverage
- Able to quickly learn new technology and business areas and to apply these to new projects and products within the IHS Markit business/technology arena
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Drive and contribute in the design, planning and development of solutions based on business requirements using a diverse range of cloud native technologies
- Be an active and highly collaborative team member as part of an agile development team.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills to solve a complex problem, and comfortable exploring them even if the problem and solution are not yet well-defined.
- Flexibility to learn and enhance programming language skills with continuous improvement and finding better ways to do things.
- Flexibility to respond on change.
- Work closely with Product Owner and business stakeholders and be the driving force to generate business value.
- Contribute to testing of user stories, features, and releases.
- Contribute insights and suggestions as part of our continuous improvement.
- Have an ability to think practically and independently while assessing the circumstances and make the best decision based on the facts.
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- 4+ years of deep experience in Software Test Automation.
- Insight and working knowledge/experience of test design in both a manual and automated framework, such as Specflow, Selenium Webdriver
- Experience with Object Oriented design.
- Strong familiarity with agile principles, values and practices.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipeline and distributed revision control (e.g. Git, Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Experience in performance testing and Load testing are added advantage
- Experience in Database testing is plus
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.