Department overview: The SAP team is primarily based in London, Denver and Noida. The SAP team provides all first, second and third line support in addition to development services across the SAP landscape which includes ERP / BI / BODS /BOBJ/ GRC and SOLMAN.
Position summary: As a key member of the global SAP department the candidate will be responsible for developing, managing and supporting our Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) testing toolset (HPQC) primarily but not limited to SAP ERP. In addition the candidate will be required to have functional knowledge of core SAP ERP modules, ABAP and be comfortable with Visual Basic scripting and related technologies.
Duties & accountabilities
Normal day-to-day work routines will include (but not be limited to):
- Creating, managing, maintaining test script library
- Enhancing automated testing process
- Running and managing testing cycles
- Defect management
- Daily management of the ALM toolset (HPQC, UFT/QTP)
- Performing upgrades and reviewing enhancements
- Providing support to the onsite/offsite SAP team
- Supporting global projects within SAP
- The role requires strong technical knowledge of the ALM testing suite HPQC, together with functional knowledge of core ERP modules such as FI,CO & SD, the candidate will be required to demonstrate knowledge of programing and scripting technologies and be fluent in VB scripting within HPQC and have at least some basic understanding of ABAP to support defect and change tracking. Knowledge of solution manager TAO, CBTA and ECATT is an advantage.
Business competencies, Education and Experience
- 4+ years HPQC and SAP experience
- Experience of SAP modules FI/CO / SD / is desirable and willingness to expand their knowledge of these areas
- An understanding of VB and ABAP is required.
- Ability to present and communicate effectively with senior level Management as well as end users.
- Must be organized and have the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Ability to meet internal / external deadlines.
- Personable and able to demonstrate initiative.
- Must have a self-starting, driven, assertive and positive attitude.
- Experience in a professional and corporate environment. The candidate may well possess an additional skill set which will add to career development opportunities in due course
- Management requirements
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to manage own workload as well as drive the agenda of the wider goals of the team from an SAP perspective.
Personal Competencies, Personal Impact
- Ability to work effectively towards deadlines and self-prioritise
- Diligence, integrity, confidence
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with personnel at all levels in the organization
What You'll Love About Us - Do ask us about these!
- Total Rewards. Monetary, beneficial and developmental rewards!
- Work Life Balance. You can't do a good job if your job is all you do!
- Prepare for the Future. Academy - we are all learners; we are all teachers!
- Employee Assistance Program. Confidential and Professional Counselling and Consulting.
- Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
- Internal Mobility. Grow with us!
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, chemical, and economics and country risk. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.