Global Markets Group (GMG) is a $200m business within the Information Services segment of the Financial Services group at IHS Markit. We provide a variety of technology capabilities, solutions and services at the center of capital formation for all primary market workflows. Our expertise includes roadshows, deal data, analytics, book building, compliance and reporting.
The Global Markets Group is seeking a highly motivated, bilingual, Senior Associate to join our team and focus on product implementations. The Senior Associate is necessary for us in the region as a facilitator between IHS Markit and Japanese speaking investment bank technology desks.
The GMG Implementation team leads our customer facing projects with a key focus on ensuring the alignment of expectations and providing transparency and structure to customer engagements, as well as being hands on in the delivery of our systems and interfaces. You will grow and further develop your project management skills while partnering with different groups - Product Strategy, Management and Development, Sales and Client Success - to deliver projects as an integrated team. Not only will you gain exposure to the full breadth of the organization, you will have the opportunity to work across various products, many of which are integrated. As a proactive partner and leader within the organization, dedicated to providing top notch project management and integration services, both externally and internally, we look for people who are consultative, analytical, organized, technically minded and passionate about helping others.
Reporting to the regional Senior Product Manager, you will partner with both the customer and our technology teams to manage the growth and transformation our businesses across the region. This is an exciting opportunity to join an energetic, entrepreneurial, and focused team in the capital formation technology.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and execute projects for the implementation of various IHS Markit / GMG solutions to our new and existing clients, as well as managing in-house projects.
- In this client facing role, the Senior Associate may be responsible for leading the project from pre-sales through completion of onboarding a client, as well as post-go-live support.
- Maintaining relationships with various client persona's during the project, including key stakeholders, project managers, project team members, technical personnel, users, etc.
- Where applicable, the Senior Associate will be responsible for running a management steering meeting, with an audience consisting of senior managers and stakeholders from both IHS Markit and the customer.
- You will be hands on with our products during the project, configuring the system according to the customer's requirements.
- Partnering with Client Success to provide top level service by leading new initiatives that provide further solutions to the needs of our existing clients.
- Documentation of client implementation runbooks and assisting in the creation and maintenance of best practices for organizational processes.
- Construct and lead multi-functional projects that stem from the workflow application such as web services, data feeds, APIs and custom integrations
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of project management and/or client facing experience
- Strong strategic project management skills including conceptualizing, organizing and execution
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with great attention to detail
- Passionate and poised to be successful in a fast-paced business environment
- Exceptional client facing skills including professionalism, leadership, salesmanship, and responsiveness.
- Ability to manage across functional and geographic teams to satisfy client demands while establishing and growing relationships with customers during the onboarding process
- Advanced degree from a top-tier school in business, technology or related field
- Experience in and understanding of Capital Markets
- Expert knowledge of database and information systems software
- Ability to represent IHS Markit with our customers' technology leads at the most senior levels
- Highly strategic approach and ability to drive tasks through to a resolution
- Flexible and willing to adapt and respond to changing situations in a fast-moving environment
- Highly organized with expert attention to detail
- Selfless collaborator with a focus on excellence with drive to win
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.