IHS Markit Portfolio Valuations provides an independent, post-trade valuation service to buy-side institutions globally, covering vanilla and exotic OTC derivatives, cash instruments and structured notes across all asset classes. The service also offers clients the ability to receive an aggregated set of counterparty marks for their trades.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual with an interest in derivative pricing to be part of a team of analysts that support the daily valuation of portfolios of positions submitted by clients.
Analysts work with clients during trials, implementation, production and challenge processing; they also oversee various data capture and review procedures in support of the global valuation business.
Duties & accountabilities
- Organizing and running daily and monthly valuation processes for clients; this will require
hands-on responsibility for some accounts
- Handling simple and complex price challenges and resolving them to the satisfaction of the
- Building and maintaining client relationships, so that clients are aware of IHS Markit's new
and existing valuation capabilities and increase their use of these services
- Contributing to the design and testing of IHS Markit's valuation systems
- Ensuring that data capture and cleaning processes are run, refined and automated
- Potential requirement for shift work ~once a week working a 12-9pm shift to support global
customers and handover to India team
Education & experience
- Good degree in a quantitative discipline
- Good understanding of OTC derivative valuation in one or more asset classes
- Strong knowledge common office tools and software including Excel and VBA
- Appetite for providing services to external clients on a regular basis
- Relevant practical experience (1-2 years)
- Other programming experience in any language e.g. SQL
- Must have general understanding of financial markets, and be keen to extend knowledge of OTC
derivatives across all asset classes
- Must embrace the importance of high service levels as part of a commercial relationship
- Must be detail-oriented, thorough and able to use own initiative to solve problems
- Must have the ability to work well in a team to ensuring that tasks are completed and issues
are followed up and closed
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are essential
- Strong skills required to be able to communicate effectively with external clients and across
business units within the company. This will include email, phone and face-to-face
- Clear, structured and professional in both writing and speech
- Must gain a clear understanding and appreciation of the other functional and regional teams
in the valuation group
- Must respect and apply the various control activities required to maintain and monitor the
quality of the service
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.