IHS Markit has a requirement for a Business Analyst to support its Fixed Income Pricing business in India
The role requires the candidate to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational / coordination skills, and strong business analysis acumen. The successful candidate will be process oriented and have a thorough understanding of the entire software and product development lifecycle along with its corresponding delivery methodologies/frameworks used (Agile, Waterfall, BDD). The candidate must have prior experience within the Fixed Income pricing domain and must be exposed to large system projects, system changes (BAU). The candidate should be comfortable working with data at a granular level be able to run complex SQL queries to analyze and extract system data.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Prior financial services experience in the Fixed Income domain preferred
- Create and deliver detailed business and functional requirements specification documents and assist with the production of technical specification/design documents
- Liaise with business stakeholders and technical delivery teams to ensure that requirements are communicated and developed as per the business needs
- Thorough understanding and experience in SDLC through an Agile based, behavioral driven development (BDD) approach
- Create user stories and decompose them into constituent feature files to be consumed by the BDD framework
- Facilitate workshop sessions between product and technology teams and provide an overview, and enhance the business requirements, feature files, and overall functionality of the system
- Create system use cases, flow diagrams and interactive mock-ups outlining functional requirements
- Developing a thorough understanding of the system, eventually ramping up to be the SME on the system
- Validate quality assurance test plans and test cases against business requirements
- Run SQL queries to analyze, test and report data for multiple source database systems
- Coordinate and assist in UAT to ensure the developed functionality meet the business specifications
- Be part of a cross-functional and geographically dispersed agile team to successfully deliver key project milestones in an effective and timely manner
- Manage internal communication on project milestones, issues, and risks and ensure that all teams, business stakeholders and leadership are updated on a frequent basis
Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Business Analyst. Experience in Financial Services IT domain preferred
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle
- Proficiency in writing SQL to analyze and report from source database systems preferred
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.