We are considering candidates from across the US as we continue assessing our business needs and associated territories. We're also open to candidates with proven experience working remotely in similarly fast-paced business development positions.
Who we are:
Our Company was founded on the idea that there are patterns in people's behavior that, with the right logic, can be used to predict future outcomes. We are a small but rapidly growing organization that works in partnership with our customers to create solutions that are simply not found anywhere else. We work in groups rather than in structured corporate hierarchies; our culture is creative and entrepreneurial where everyone contributes to company goals in very real way. We are a hardworking group, but we have a lot of fun with what we do and are looking for new people with a similar mindset to join the organization.
What we do:
Our proprietary software-as-a-service helps automotive dealerships and sales teams better understand and predict exactly which customers are ready to buy, the reasons why, and the key offers and incentives most likely to close the sale. Its micro-marketing engine then delivers the right message at the right time to those customers, ensuring higher conversion rates and a stronger ROI.
What you will do:
- Proven track record of consistently hitting and exceeding quota
- Responsible for market expansion by obtaining new leads in new territories who are interested in a long-term investment in our product
- Experience in high velocity sales and has sold within a 30 days close window
- Partners with customers to identify challenges and understand their business needs to establish the best solutions that automotiveMastermind can provide
- Experience solution selling, as a consultative approach, to buy into a long-term contract that provides a full package of solutions, not individual items
- Effectively communicates the value proposition of our product through proposals and presentations at dealerships
- Proven experience selling into a challenging customer base
- Understands go to market strategy for current and previous products
- Will represent the company at conferences, trade fairs, and networking events
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Marketing or a related field
- 5+ years of professional work experience in sales in a luxury retail environment.
- Auto retail experience is strongly preferred however, if you do not have prior auto retail
experience, you must be passionate about cars and understand financing
- Significant working experience with CRM tools and reporting
- Thinks quickly, works fast, and embraces change
- Exceptional oral and written skills
- Great at execution: results driven, detail oriented, organized self-starter
- Strong business and financial acumen in daily work product
- Establishes meaningful relationships and easily builds strong rapports with clients
- Experience effectively negotiating and upselling
- Proactively solicits feedback, asks questions, and resolves issues in a non-confrontational
- Ability to perform as part of a lager team
- Looks at long-term strategic objectives while simultaneously prioritizing individual work to
ensure timely delivery
- Regularly self-assess with objective evidence and adapts work product to achieve better
- Vested interest in the company's success and commitment to team
Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position. Generally, work is performed Monday through Friday, though holidays and weekends may be required
- This role requires 75% travel within the region and nationally as needed. Must live near a major airport
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.