Are you an analytical thinker? Do you enjoy communicating with industry expert?
We're looking for a China Powertrain & Thermal Research Analyst within the Automotive Supply Chain and Technology Division to:
- Assist senior colleagues in the development of forecasts on a variety of powertrain, thermal systems technologies and themes (e.g. hybrid and electric propulsion systems, exhaust aftertreatment, forced induction technologies, fuel systems, torque management mechanisms, cooling systems etc). Forecasts based on original research conducted by the team, led by a Principal Analyst, are supported by IHS Markit proprietary data/tools.
- Maintain databases which track automotive technologies and supplier information
- Conduct analysis of complex datasets tracking powertrain & Thermal
- Perform both primary research interviews with automotive industry contacts and secondary research utilizing internet resources, technical papers, brochures etc
- Ability and willingness to begin the development of a network of contacts at automotive companies
- Project work involvement, including cross-regional and cross-team projects as needed
- Comfortable interfacing with and supporting clients when questions arise relating to the datasets
You will be working in the Automotive Supply Chain and Technology Team in Beijing/Shanghai. The team of over 70+ analysts global base.
- Demonstrable understanding of powertrain and thermal systems technologies and main industry trends
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); understanding of database mechanics helpful (e.g. Access, SQL)
- Competent analytical and data interpretation skills
- Comfortable in client interactions
- Strong motivation and ability to self-organize to achieve difficult targets under tight time constraints
- An interest/passion for cars is essential
- Ideally 3+ years of experience at automotive suppliers/OEMs in the powertrain area or at a consultancy. Recent graduates with evidence of the above skills will also be considered
- Ideally a degree-level qualification in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering. However, this is not essential if the above required skills are in evidence.
- Fluency in English. Proficiency in another European Language would be an added advantage (German highly desirable)
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.