The Regulatory and Compliance team offers a suite of Products that provide solutions for our clients with Tax Validation, Document Exchange and Outreach campaigns that helps manage Counterparty and Vendor risk. Our product platform includes Markit Counterparty Manager (MCPM), Markit Tax Utility (MTU), Know Your Counterparty (KYC), Know Your 3rd Party (KY3P).
The role of Client Service Specialist is to primarily act as a subject matter expert for the Client Services, business functions and development teams, specifically as it relates to the Regulatory and Compliance product: Know Your 3rd Party (KY3P).
As part of the Client Services team within Regulatory and Compliance, the candidate will focus on data analysis, driving special initiatives aimed at improving customer experience or operational efficiencies and project management as required. The role requires coordination with business stakeholders across sales, product, operations, development amongst others and requires being cross-skilled on multiple activities.
Client Service Specialist would be expected to drive customer experience by servicing customer requests and requirements for US, UK and APAC regions.
Duties & accountabilities
- Operational support basis customer requirements. This includes setting up accounts and users, running reports, researching on entities, supporting customers on their regulatory and compliance needs and mapping entities and vendors. Could involve first level of troubleshooting as well.
- Become highly skilled in understanding and maintaining Operational Processes, including assisting peers and leadership with creating SOPs, UAT testing and implementing a quality control review of operational activities.
- Partner with leadership to lead and assist with upcoming projects and initiatives that include, but are not limited to - Client Service, Operations, KPIs/KRIs and Ad hoc Projects.
- Ensure all customers receive first class service consistent with IHS Markit's expectations including but not limited to identifying and resolving client issues, following up with clients based on SLAs, assisting with ad hoc projects, answering customer inquiries, conducting client demos, training clients on the platform, and managing additional client inquiries/needs as required.
- Cultivate, foster, and manage relationships with internal clients
- Provide front line daily support for all clients including capture of bugs and enhancements.
- Work with business partners to validate the integrity of data and documents maintained for all Regulatory and Compliance platforms
- Become familiar with regulatory initiatives and industry-wide events that have an impact on our different business lines.
- Become highly skilled in the suite of vendor management solution (KY3P)
- Develop understanding of and expertise on Regulatory and Compliance space, especially Vendor management, Due Diligence, Onboarding & Oversight, Assessment Service, etc.
- Flexibility to work across APAC and UK shifts on a rotational basis
Education and experience
Experience in KYC, Regulatory & Compliance and financial data operations is preferred
Strong data analysis skills with expertise in MS Excel, data analysis necessary and exposure to SQL & Oracle databases querying is preferable
Self-managed individual who have experience in functionality testing and coordinated with global support for implementation of outcome
Experience of multi-tasking and queues management
Bachelor/Post-graduate degree in any discipline
5-7 years' experience
Have an excellent client service ethos and be able to communicate effectively with priority clients and sales prospects
Must have strong articulation, analytical and creative problem-solving skills
Familiarity with bank compliance and risk management a plus
The ideal candidate will need to be detail oriented and task driven with a strong work ethic and able to work in a fast-paced environment
Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
Able to contribute on an individual basis and as part of a team
Shift Timings -
2 PM - 11 PM
6 AM - 3 PM
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.