AWS Cloud Engineer
IHS Markit Loans Hosting provides hosting services using cloud provides to our Loan Franchise products. Starting with WSO we have begun moving client server clients to a next generation hosting solution to begin expediting release processes and re-architecture of the WSO product to native cloud technologies. Looking to provide a reduction in total cost of ownership to WSO clients the initial rollout focused on new WSO clients that didn't have the desire to install, manage, upgrade, and monitor WSO applications. The Cloud Engineer will help drive and transform the client environment to the AWS Cloud Platform. This individual will need strong design, migration and administration experience within Amazon Web Services to help deliver an exceptional client experience.
- Provision, configure, administrate, automate, monitor, and support enterprise Cloud services.
- Lead enterprise datacenter modernization initiative by designing an AWS cloud infrastructure which supports global business applications and operations.
- Assist in the development of processes and practices as it relates to the migration of workloads to AWS.
- Through automation, enforce continuous compliance to industry operation and security standards.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on AWS that are scalable, reliable, secure, and meet performance requirements.
- Support architectural design and new cloud service implementations utilizing industry best practices.
- Assist with the planning and migration of legacy applications to the AWS Cloud.
- Perform operational engineering for activities which include platform upgrades, server patching, monitoring, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Provide periodic off-hours on-call support for production and development environments.
- Manage security logging, monitoring, and alert triage and participate in security incident response and investigation.
- At least 2 years Cloud working experience
- At least 5 years IT/DevOps/SRE experience
- Strong understanding of AWS technologies and infrastructure, best practices, implementation and support
- Knowledge of Network Security best practices and deployment within the AWS cloud framework
- Knowledge of AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Extensive understanding of scripting tools and technologies; specifically, YAML, PowerShell and JSON
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure management systems
- Extensive knowledge in AWS CloudFormation and Cloud Automation
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.