Support the Automotive Advisory Services Team as a capability area lead, contributor and collaborator while interacting with other IHS Markit groups - Marketing Reporting, Forecasting and Data Solutions. Work primarily with current and potential clients, Vehicle Manufacturers and National Sales Companies, to solve complex sales and marketing challenges in concert with colleagues in Product and Sales to investigate various methodologies, scope, cost, management and guide primary and secondary research on various engagements. An Associate Director is directly engaged with clients, internal and external resources as well as being active within the industry through participation in automotive industry events. Additionally, an Associate Director can specialize in an industry sector as a thought leader to build a practice around this knowledge proficiency.
- Interact with current and potential clients to build project proposals and manage projects
through to completion/final delivery
- Be a thought leader in the field of sales and marketing solutions - assisting clients in
understanding analytical solutions surrounding vehicle ownership loyalty, conquest, defection,
finance solutions, vehicle sales performance and custom forecasting
- Collaborate with other IHS Markit groups to leverage content/capabilities, market Advisory
solutions and promote same internally and externally
- Act as a SME within IHS Markit Automotive with respect to solve complex client challenges and
requirements - seeking innovative methods and inputs
- Work collectively with IHS Markit OEM Sales team to prospect potential engagements
- Execute on revenue execution plan within the North American region as part of a global
- Understand and advocate for customer needs and requirements
- Interpret internal and external business issues and recommends best practices
- Bachelor's degree in relevant subject, Master's degree, Business qualification, eg. MBA (or
- Deep knowledge of the auto industry's history, structure and trends as well as an extensive
contact base within industry
- 10 years+ of experience in automotive analysis (forecasting, research, data analytics,
- Personal organization skills with track record of managing multiple projects to ensure on
time delivery within budget
- Personality and confidence to build strong relationships at all levels - both internally and
- Ability to speak at client sessions, industry symposiums on automotive-related topics
- Experience with creating and presenting Microsoft Power Point Presentations and advanced
- Other requirements:
- Ability to travel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to travel
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.