Are you intrigued by the technology sector and software applications? Do you feel satisfaction from helping others solve problems? Is delivering best in class solutions your top priority?
We subscribe to the notion of hiring smart people and getting out of their way. If this sounds like a good fit, we need to talk! IHS Markit is seeking an IHS Markit Consulting Engineer whose primary directive will be to deploy, configure, troubleshoot, and validate Knowledge Management solutions both on-premise and in cloud environments. You will also be involved in the pre-sale, requirements gathering, solution definition, system requirements process. You will need to understand the technical requirements necessary to meet the customers' needs and expectations and will help translate these requirements into a set of specifications and success criteria.
This role requires a high degree of integrity, motivation, discipline, energy, persistence, and attention to detail. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is highly entrepreneurial and able to operate independently in a dynamic environment.
The APAC Goldfire Technical Support Engineer shall possess the following experience, expertise and skills:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to customers in Japan to manage, configure, upgrade, and troubleshoot Goldfire products.
- Take ownership of customer incident resolution - properly diagnosing and prioritizing by severity and impact.
- Work with the Product Management and Engineering (R&D) teams to drive timely resolution.
- Be stationed at Japanese Goldfire distributor 2 days a week, and execute the duties above on behalf of the customer care organization within the distributor. Location will be central Tokyo. For remainder of the 3 days of the week, the duties above will be executed in the IHS Markit Japan Tokyo office.
- Measure and report customer satisfaction.
Technical Skill Requirements
- Experienced and proficient in Windows Server OS, Windows OS and networking technology.
Specifically, experience in implementing and providing technical support on the following:
- Windows Server installation.
- Working with .Net Framework.
- Working with IIS (Internet Information Service).
- Working with SQL Server.
- Working with Microsoft Active Directory (MS AD).
- Implementing Single Sign-On environments.
- Working with network ports 80, 443, 25, 110 (and others).
- Working with Windows Firewall.
- Working with Windows Server User Account Management, and other Server Administrative setups.
- Working with command prompts (ex: ping, others).
- Working with Windows Server OS registries.
- Working cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure. Specifically, implementing Windows Server environments on AWS and/or Azure.
- Working with could applications such as O365, Share Point Online. Others.
- Experienced and proficient in Windows Server OS, Windows OS and networking technology. Specifically, experience in implementing and providing technical support on the following:
OPTIONAL Duties: Shall also act as Pre-Sales Engineer (TAM -Technical Account Manager),
with the following skills:
- Business process assessment (identify pain)
- Thru communication with customer, understand current as-is process flow, and identify where in the process problems exist (pain points).
- Thru joint efforts with sales, correctly identify champion, and build close business relationships, so as to execute all of the elements herein.
- Thru communication with customer, understand metrics associated with the problems above.
- Thru communication with customer, jointly define the desired to-be process flow, addressing the aforementioned problems.
- Thru communication with customer, define and design solution, that addresses the
to-be process flow above. This will be from two perspectives:
- Business Value Assessment
- IT Software Technology Assessment
- Thru communication with customer, define the decision criteria for which the
solution is to address. The criteria will be aligned with the pain points identified above.
- Business Value Criteria (Proof Of Value)
- IT Software Technology Criteria (Proof Of Technology)
- Business process assessment (identify pain)
- Experience and expertise in working at Japanese customer care organization, thus understanding the rather unique Japanese customer expectations and requirements related to support & maintenance of software solution products. This experience and expertise shall propel the execution of the Duties and Responsibilities stated above.
- Strong English and Japanese speaking and writing skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional technical and non-technical audiences in both languages above.
- TOEIC scores of 850 or above.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.