Corporate Advisory Associate
Are you an enthusiastic and collaborative team member? Do you enjoy learning and discussing various aspects of the financial markets in a supportive team environment?
We're looking for an Associate, within the Issuer Solutions Division to:
• Support clients with intelligence around their institutional investors and what is driving trading in equity markets.
• Provide clients with targeting intelligence on institutional investors in conjunction with their investor relations outreach efforts.
• Develop and maintain relationships with the investor relations and executive teams of publicly traded companies.
• Follow public equity markets and update clients about events affecting individual stocks, specific sectors, and the broader economy.
• Identify leading institutional buyers and sellers of clients' stocks, and provide insight, color and context around the movements.
• Connect with buy-side institutional portfolio managers and trading desks to gain insights on investment strategy and trading.
• Participate in the growth and improvement of the team's service offering to clients.
You will be working with the Advisory Team in Hong Kong. Each team is headed up by a Director with over 10 years of financial industry experience, and team members of all levels are actively contributing to the team's success.
• 5 years of financial experience or in a related field
• "Dual threat" skills with both strong quantitative and qualitative talent
• Analytical reasoning ability as well as effective oral and written communication skills
• Collaborative skill set that allows you to work within a dynamic and inclusive team
• An ability to analyze data and absorb new information in an enthusiastic, fast-paced environment
• Comfort with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; experience with FactSet a plus
• Demonstrated interest and understanding of capital markets
• Aptitude to learn internal proprietary applications
• Detail-oriented; able to multi-task; strong organizational and time management skills
• Comfortable with client-facing situations
• Resourceful and not afraid to ask questions
• BA or BS Degree in a financial or quantitative related discipline, focus on data analytics a plus
• Training Program
• Career Path
• Team Environment
• Work/Life Balance
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.