We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of engineers. We are redesigning our data pipeline and you will be responsible for building big data solution form ground up and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company's data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data
from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into
customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with
data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers
and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building
and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes,
optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query
authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to
answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has
attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or
another quantitative field.
They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow,
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, S3
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with at least one object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python,
Java, C++, Scala, etc.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.