Company & Team - "About Us"
The Markit Equities Division comprises IHS Markit DeltaOne Index Managed Services, Trading Services, Securities Lending and Dividend Forecasting products, enabling our clients to price instruments, comply with regulation and analyse markets and portfolios.
The Markit DeltaOne Buy-Side Team is a team of market index data subject matter and technical experts, who are responsible for delivering timely and accurate data to the buy-side client base. Our customers expect timely and accurate index data to enable them to operate with optimal efficiency in increasingly complex and regulated market conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
Markit DeltaOne is seeking a Data Quality Analyst to join our buy-side system build team. The role is based in Bracknell and provides a great opportunity to be involved in building a new data management and processing system for financial services clients. The role will be focused on data manipulation of many datasets using "Big Data" ideas and technologies.
The current team consists of some highly experienced financial services professionals from technical and subject matter backgrounds. There will be opportunities to grow within the team as the platform grows and matures. The role is an ideal position to move into either product, client-focused or more technically orientated roles.
The candidate will be part of a busy team monitoring, updating and analysis data files from providers to understand how provider calculations are worked out and validating the data that is sent through.
The candidate will support the Data Analysts, accordingly, contributing to the smooth running of the department by ensuring all provider mythologies are understood so that the Data Analysts can carry out their roles with the ease.
Duties & accountabilities:
- Documentation of business process and system design
- Analysis of data sets to ensure validations have passed for data to process
- Document processes and data flows
- Collaborate with support and development teams to ensure accuracy of calculations and methodologies across components
- Liaise with both internal departments and external suppliers
- To examine provider methodologies and understand them to support others in the team
- Proactively make suggestions to enhance the operation effectiveness of the team and participate and contribute to changes which are instigated
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Experience in manipulating many and large data sets
- Degree educated, preferably in Maths, Commerce, Economics,
- Python, Numpy and Pandas is a must
- Knowledge and understanding of financial assets would be highly beneficial
- Knowledge in market index data would be highly beneficial
- Knowledge of performance & attribution would be beneficial
- Ideal candidate should be bright and dynamic and possess the resourcefulness to create and meet their own objectives in delivering excellent business documentation
- Attention to detail and innovative problem-solving skills
- Able to operate effectively under pressure
- Methodical and thorough approach to tasks, able to work to deadlines
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- Cash incentive plan and equity award
- Options to work from home
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
*** You m ust have a UK Passport/Right to Work in UK document for this position ***
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.