IHS Markit is the leading source of information and insight in critical areas that shape today's business landscape. Customers around the world rely on us to address strategic and operational challenges.
Financial Risk Analytics (FRA) is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join the FRA Cloud development and operations group. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of developing, troubleshooting and operational support for FRA's hosted solutions . As part of the Cloud Services team, you will help maintain deployments, develop solutions and troubleshoot operational issues. A background in DevOps and Cloud infrastructure (AWS) is highly desirable. We are looking for a problem s olver that is comfortable working independently and as a part of a team.
You will be a key member of the IHS Markit FRA Cloud DevOps team. Key responsibilities include:
- Operational Support for cloud infrastructure including incidence response and maintenance
- Building AWS infrastructure as code to support our hosted offering.
- Identify, document and track software defects to resolution
- Continuous improvement of infrastructure components and Cloud Security, services reliability.
- Automation of end-to-end release cycle.
You are DevOps professional capa ble of developing automation and deployments as well as independently responding to incidents.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with AWS cloud-based infrastructure.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD practices
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code technologies such as Cloudformation
- Familiarity with cloud-native architectures, SaaS design principles, microservices, and
- Development skills with Python and/or Bash
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience shipping containerized applications with CI/CD pipelines using GitLab CI or
similar with Docker
- E xperience with agile software development methodologies and test-driven development
What we offer:
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Competitive salary
- Participation in conferences and training
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance, MultiSport card)
- English classes
- Fruit days, coffee, tea, chocolate
- Flexible Working
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.