Are you a transformative product leader? Ever considered what large enterprise companies are doing to reinvent themselves into the digital age? If you are looking for taking on the challenge of applying large scale technologies such as AI and Machine Learning to transformative products, then look no further.
As a Digital Transformation Product Owner for the IHSM Engineering and Product Design organization, you'll be working hand in hand with enterprise Global Fortune 500 sized companies to help them drive digital transformation through software solutions. You will be working with these companies to identify use cases, user journeys, UI experiences, and creating a prioritized backlog of work for the engineering team. Alongside this product ownership role, you'll be working very closely with the rest of the product management organization building a cutting-edge AI/Machine Learning powered platform focused on advanced technologies such as digital threading, knowledge graphs, and deep learning.
This role requires a high degree of integrity, motivation, discipline, energy, persistence, and attention to detail. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who thrives on tackling new challenges with a pragmatic approach. The successful candidate must be willing to actively engage in day-to-day operations while maintaining a strategic and hands-on understanding of complex product offerings and company direction.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Translate customer requirements and high-level user-stories created by the Product Manager
into specific and actionable user stories for the development team
- Conduct research and literature reviews to understand the technical feasibility, uncertainty
and risks of domain-specific feature requirements
- Collaborate with user experience, development and content teams to brainstorm and create
necessary content to drive product functionality
- Support the creation of the product development roadmap
- Create and maintain product backlog
- Project plan tracking & updating for product development - keep everything moving forward,
identify risks and escalate as needed
- Prioritize development backlog for each development cycle & communicate priorities to
- Support go-to-market activities by providing clear communication on product functionality,
respond to customer inquiries and train sales / customer care on new functionality
- Champion platform standards and educate Product Managers on those standards to help shape the
requested business objectives as they relate to delivery
- Design systems, features and/or processes to solve challenging stakeholder or customer
- Drive solution definition, design, and feature acceptance criteria for projects, product
enhancements and defects
- Independently works with stakeholders to refine storyboards and/or user stories
- Build strong working relationships with internal teams and select customers
- Collaborate with development team to provide clarity on user stories
- Create acceptance criteria to ensure user stories solve identified customer use cases
- Work with distributed teams spread across the world
- Effectively communicate strategies & trade-offs to senior leaders
Education & Experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a Product Owner/Product Manager
- Intermediate to advanced English language skills required - Demonstrated effective verbal
communication and presentation skills, including the ability to develop and conduct internal
- Good understanding of technology systems and software development processes (i.e. you know
what CRUD means, and how front-end frameworks consume data, etc)
- Experience with Agile development processes
- Passion for technology, and business opportunities that it presents, with the ability to
comprehend both technical and business topics to recommend options and solutions
- Proven ability to work in cross-functional teams towards mutual success
- Ability to break down complex topics into understandable elements
- Customer first mentality - desire to deliver the best possible user experience to
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance
plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3
volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on
our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated base salary range for this role
would be between $75,440 and $100,000. Compensation will be determined by the education,
experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.