Who we are:
automotiveMastermind (aM) provides U.S. automotive dealers with software and marketing solutions to improve the efficiency of the vehicle sales process. The company's cloud-based technology helps dealers more precisely predict automobile buying behavior and facilitates microtargeted customer communications to improve the efficiency of the sales process and strengthen customer retention.
automotiveMastermind (aM) delivers value to the market by...
- Predicting when existing consumers will be ready for their next vehicle based on a prior
vehicle, sharpening the focus on high-potential targets
- Delivering a compelling offer to engage the customer and prompt a return to the participating
- Connecting dealers to conquest opportunities
- Providing a platform to support dealer outreach and dialogue
aM was acquired by IHS Markit in 2017.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. They help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, economics and country risk.
What you will do:
The aM Data Strategy team supports data-centric functions for automotiveMastermind, including Data Management, Data Integration & Quality, Data Analytics and Data Science. The team seeks a key player to lead the Data Management sub-team which will play a critical role in enabling efficient, high-quality processes through the implementation of robust data structures and data management principles.
Core responsibilities of the data management sub-team include ...
- Creating and leading the implementation of enterprise data management plans, ensuring
information from across sources/systems is structured for optimal flexibility and ease of use
- Collaborating with Data Strategy teammates to design, test, assess and adapt data validation
- Partnering with Data Strategy, Product and Operations teammates to design robust data-driven
business processes around outreach, measurement/attribution, and the creation of derived
- Producing engineering requirements to enable the production implementation of approved data
models, validation protocols, and derived data creation processes
- Assimilating data from multiple sources, deconstructing and describing existing business
logic, and supporting ad hoc analyses
- Participating in data governance processes to prevent unapproved changes to table schemas,
dimensional tables, etc...
The following statements describe the type of individual who will be successful in this role:
- You are either deeply technical with analytical savvy or deeply analytical with technical
- A committed leader, you routinely exhibit the requisite characteristics for professional
growth and success (ownership, mastery, initiative, and teamwork) and are capable of both
assessing and developing these within your team
- You are an excellent storyteller, capable of translating complex technological concepts into
digestible, real-life examples to enable honest collaboration and sound feedback
- You approach data architecture and engineering challenges from a user's perspective, ensuring
analytical flexibility and ease of use in the ultimate solution
- Passionate and pragmatic, you can define the ideal state but also identify smaller,
yet meaningful improvement opportunities to build momentum and progress toward the ultimate
- You have five or more years of experience leading and developing employees and have
demonstrated success in collaborating with cross-functional teams
- You have seven or more years of relevant and "hands-on" work experience in the realm of data
modeling, data analytics, finance, or engineering functions (i.e.,
- Other desirable capabilities and experience:
- Bachelors' degree or Masters' degree in a technical or quantitative discipline (math,
engineering, statistics, computer science, or finance)
- Demonstrated mastery in designing high-quality dimensional data warehouses and
data-driven decision-making processes
- Automotive industry knowledge is a plus, but curiosity is a requisite
- Demonstrated technical mastery:
- Solid SQL skills; DBA experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Python/R
- Familiarity with Tableau/PowerBI/Data Studio visualization tools
- Experience with cloud-based computing (GCP/AWS/Mongo)
- Solid SQL skills; DBA experience a plus
- Bachelors' degree or Masters' degree in a technical or quantitative discipline (math, engineering, statistics, computer science, or finance)
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.