Our clients come to us for best in class forecasting and analysis of economic conditions and an understanding of risks to business success in the regions where they operate. Our global team of analysts, economists and subject matter experts provide economy-wide insight on the drivers of economic growth and industry performance. Our consulting team of economists are highly regarded for their ability to translate economic events into direct drivers of business activity and economic impact.
We are looking for a dynamic, business development professional to drive new business and scale development of solution design for our Economics and Country Risk (ECR) offerings to corporate, financial and government clients.
Candidate will be responsible for developing new and enhanced analytical approaches within the following portfolios:
- M arket entry strategy
- Corporate risk management
- Business Analytics and Forecasting
- Market Sizing & Segmentation
- Market Entry Analysis
- Economic/Fiscal/Policy Analysis
- Labor Markets/Workforce Analysis
- Trade Policy & Analysis
- Macroeconomic Modelling & Scenario Planning
- Economic Development Strategy
As part of the Economics & Country Risk Consulting team, the successful candidate will have commercial responsibility for collaborating with the team of economists, statisticians and subject matter experts in pursuit of new data-driven client solutions. You will be expected to provide solutions across diverse industry sectors with a focus on supporting demand planning within client workflows.
Success in this role involves partnering with internal resources such as Sales, Research teams, external project partners and Sales Operations to support technical and business development initiatives. We're looking for an experienced commercial professional who:
- Is comfortable discussing analytical techniques to reveal new insight and uncover new value
- Feels comfortable interacting with senior executives
- Can learn and effectively position a wide range of ECR persona/workflow solutions and
articulate IHS Markit's value proposition
- Is capable of architecting a client solution 1) based on client pain-points; 2) integrating
recommendations from the Applied Economics consulting teams; and 3) replicating these solutions
at scale across a swath of clients with similar requirements
- Enjoys networking at industry events and can quickly develop new business relationships
- Can contribute to go-to-market strategies with suggestions for marketing campaigns, events,
account planning, customer segmentation and structured sales activities
- Intellectual curiosity with agility to solve business challenges across a range of client
- Minimum 10 years of business to business sales experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications to
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective internal and
- Experience selling business and information services (research, data, consulting)
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 25% during normal times necessary to conduct
face-to-face meetings or attend industry conferences
- Bachelor's degree minimum, advanced degree preferred
What We Offer
- Cash incentive plan and equity award
- Options to work from home
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.