Who we are:
Our Company was founded on the idea that there are patterns in people's behavior that, with the right logic, can be used to predict future outcomes. We are a rapidly growing organization that partners with our customers to create solutions that are simply not found anywhere else. We work in groups rather than in structured corporate hierarchies; our culture is creative and entrepreneurial where everyone contributes to company goals in a very real way. We are a hardworking group, but we have a lot of fun with what we do and are looking for new people with a similar mindset to join the organization.
What we do:
Our proprietary software-as-a-service helps automotive dealerships and sales teams better understand and predict exactly which customers are ready to buy, the reasons why, and the key offers and incentives most likely to close the sale. Our micro-targeted marketing engine then delivers the right message at the right time to those customers, ensuring higher conversion rates and a stronger ROI.
What you will do:
You will be the driving force behind our newly developed marketing automation platform. You will help shape the vision, strategy and execution of a state-of-the-art platform that will serve thousands of dealers and reach millions of consumers across multiple channels every month. You will usher in new capabilities that will drive revenue and improve efficiencies, increasing consumer engagement and strengthening the relationship with our dealer clients.
Your specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Serve as the internal expert of the process and tools we use to execute highly personalized
and relevant marketing communications to millions of consumers per month across direct mail,
email and social
- Develop a vision of the marketing platform and evangelize that vision to internal and
external stakeholders at all levels and functions of the organization
- Provide an easy-to-use, intuitive and powerful platform for the creative development team and
marketing managers to continually improve the consumer marketing on behalf of our dealer
- Partner with engineers, software architects, product owners and other experts to document,
prioritize and scope features for continuous release in an Agile environment. Develop detailed
requirements specifications, including user interface mockups and business logic
- Participate in the full product enhancement lifecycle, from requirements gathering and
prioritization of enhancement requests through design and oversight of implementation
- Guide the work of the product owner to ensure that features and product backlog items are
effectively documented, groomed and communicated to engineering and other stakeholders for
development and release
- Understand the marketing automation landscape and bring in vendors/platforms that add value
to our stack
- Investigate and analyze market trends, opportunities and the competitive landscape to help
guide automotiveMastermind strategies and direction
- Understand the design and technical concepts behind the marketing platform and clearly
communicate those concepts to stakeholders in a concise and contextually relevant way
- Help to maintain ongoing relationships with automotiveMastermind's platform customers,
gathering requirements and feedback from our customers on an ongoing basis to guide the product
roadmap and strategy, solve customer issues and identify areas for improvement
- Effectively identify and build business cases for new products and features
- Prioritizing needs based on team objectives; clearly highlight business use cases and vet
assumptions prior to further investment
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve on existing products and advocating for the
creation of new products that will benefit automotiveMastermind
- Ensure clear communication between design and development, as well as facilitating
interaction between teams in order to develop the marketing platform in the most innovative and
Who you are:
- 5-10+ years product management experience demonstrating increasing levels of leadership and
- Experience with marketing automation platforms operating at scale to millions of consumers
across multiple channels
- Highly organized, technically astute and unwavering tenacity to solve automotiveMastermind's
most complex operational challenges
- Unparalleled analytical and problem-solving skills. There isn't a problem you can't
- A strong working knowledge of software development and architecture concepts
- Familiarity with SaaS/API-heavy environments, cloud computing and big data
- Experience writing focused and lightweight user stories for technical products
- Experience with Agile or other incremental development approaches and cross-functional work
- An expert in the ins and outs of web standards, design and usability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Local online marketing and/or digital advertising experience preferred
- Analyze and interpret market and audience data to provide key actionable insights
- Effectively report results of marketing campaigns to the executive leadership team
- Manages all external vendors relationships and service agreements.
- Responsible for the career development, succession planning and goals for direct reports.
- Knowledge of the Automotive tier 3 marketing space a plus...
- Experience with both retention and acquisition marketing a plus
- Strong knowledge of traditional and digital marketing with a focus on variable content and
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.