Under general supervision, the Research Analyst functions as a core member of the team to provide subject matter expertise in assigned discipline(s) and to support broader deliverables as needed. The Research Analyst will be expected to drive the research agenda and produce deliverables for their assigned discipline(s).
- Provide thought leadership and hands-on analysis for IHS Markit GHG Transition Strategy
- The research is a unique opportunity to inform our understanding of GHG emission of crude oil
and natural gas, both direct emission and life-cycle emissions.
- Work across IHS Markit to advance insight through written reports. Areas of research
may include corporate and asset level analysis of scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions, comparative
emission analysis, policy and regulatory analysis, and strategic analysis around tradeoffs,
limitations, and impacts of various decarbonization opportunities.
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders to communicate findings, collaborate on key
initiatives, and facilitate the development of project/initiative deliverables.
- Develop collaborative relationships with external stakeholders including; academia, industry
colleagues, government/institution representatives, and possible partners.
- Ensure current knowledge on best practices, emerging trends, and any shifts in
- Minimum of five years directly related experience traditionally acquired by working in
industry, government, or consulting.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education.
- North American oil markets knowledge/work experience is preferred.
- Requires strong analytical and data management skills as the role requires extensive use of
various data sources external and internal to IHS Markit.
- Requires highly effective verbal interpersonal skills at all levels of business to enable
effective/productive communications with key people including senior level clients
- Strong writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- The ability to navigate and excel in a complex, heavily matrixed organization.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to meet deadlines while working simultaneously on
multiple projects or initiatives.
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited oversight.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, statistics, engineering or industry-related fields required;
graduate degree is a plus.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.