At IHS Markit, we're changing the way the world interacts with information. Our dynamic team consists of more than 15,000 analysts, data scientists, industry experts, and software developers serving 80% of the Fortune Global 500.
In the Emerging Products Division we think differently, combining the knowledge and resources of an established company with the unapologetic boldness of a startup. We're building a software solution that connects data in revolutionary ways, illuminating answers that previously were impossible to find and empowering our clients to envision the future, so they can determine best course of action in the present. We're disrupting the current digital transformation landscape with state-of-the-art AI developed by a passionate team with a bias to action. Are you ready to join us in building the software that will power the most impactful companies in the world?
Are you a builder? Do you have passion for design? Are you up to the challenge to make AI user-friendly? Do you see the possible in impossible? Are you inspired by the beauty of the world? Do you feel joy in delivering the best possible experience? If so, then we need to talk!
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Product, you will be a hands-on designer and leader of a team of user experience and visual designers who will be tasked with bringing the magic of AI to life in a suite of workflows that this world has never seen before. This person will not just oversee and lead the design team, but they will be there designing side by side with the team, ensuring that they have both the big picture and pixel level details always top of mind. Create your own designs, build the vision for the design of the platform, direct the design and usability, build and scale the team, establish our creative processes, the list goes on and on. This is a big role that requires a lot of versatility and design chops.
This role requires a high degree of integrity, motivation, discipline, energy, persistence, and attention to detail. The ideal candidate must be a motivated leader who thrives on tackling new challenges with the eye of an artist and the ability to deliver a magical user experience.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Lead, coach, and inspire a team of designers, by providing vision and direction
- Attract, retain, and develop a world-class design team
- Create your own design artifacts to communicate the user experience at various stages of the
design process such as wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, specs, and/or lightweight
- Oversee high-quality work in a fast-paced, complex, and often ambiguous environment
- Establish effective design processes that scale
- Lead through rapidly evolving, complex demands, including multiple projects with dependencies
on other internal teams
- Partner with product managers, researchers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to
understand requirements and provide creative, thoughtful solutions
- More importantly, establish trust with clients
- Help the team explore a variety of design directions, analyzing the pros and cons of each
while exploring the bounds of creativity and usability
- Ensure the designs create a cohesive and coherent product experience, utilizing design
- Balance qualitative and quantitative data to make user-centered design decisions
- Conduct and participate in design reviews with a range of stakeholders across the
- 6+ years of experience in product design, interaction design, and/or visual design
- We would be delighted if you had previous experience leading and scaling a design team
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects demonstrating design experience and expertise
- Experience collaborating with teams of designers, researchers, product managers, and
engineers throughout the design process
- Strong communication skills to describe issues and solutions to various audiences in order to
be effective in our flat structure
- A mindset of collaborating and influencing others, regardless of title or level, to drive the
- Excellent problem-solving skills and relentless attention to detail
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to define, plan, and lead projects
- Ability to lead user centered design research, report findings to leadership as well as other
groups for shared understanding
- Experience with SaaS component design within both B2C and B2B solutions at enterprise
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum development process
- Proficiency in design tools such as Axure, Sketch, InVision, proto.io, Figma, or the Adobe
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance
plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3
volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on
our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated base salary range for this role
would be between $75,000 and $100,000. Compensation will be determined by the education,
experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.