We are looking for an IT Project Manager that will plan, lead, organize, and motivate an agile project team to achieve a high level of performance and quality while delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to the organization, its customers, and end users. The IT Project Manager may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects and/or initiatives using agile methods in a fast-paced environment. He/She may play a number of different roles including business analyst, scrum master, software tester, liaison, data analyst, and trainer/coach in addition to project manager to deliver successful project results.
You will be working in the OPIS Team, part of IHS Markit, in Bucharest. OPIS is one of the world's most comprehensive sources for petroleum pricing and news information. OPIS provides real-time and historical spot, wholesale/rack and retail fuel prices for the refined products, renewable fuels, and natural gas and gas liquids (LPG) industries. At its core, OPIS uses a set of complex IT systems and tools, handling huge amounts of data in a reliable way, and providing customers with business applications to use this data as efficient as possible.
- 3-5+ years of experience as a Project Manager or Scrum Master managing projects in a
fast-paced agile environment
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as knowledge of both
Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them
together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain
high level of internal/external customer trust and confidence
- A proven track record of experience working on programs that are centered around Data
technologies, Cloud infrastructure, and multi-platforms (web and mobile), preferably in an Agile
- Must speak and write in English fluently
IT'S A BONUS IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience with any of the following tools and techniques:
- Project Management software such as Azure DevOps, Jira, Workfront, Rally, VersionOne or Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio, LucidChart or equivalent software for workflow diagramming
- Balsamiq Mockups or equivalent software mockup / design prototyping tools
- Managed a project team utilizing a SCRUM framework, including Sprint Planning, Backlog
Refinement, Sprint Reviews, Retrospectives, and Daily Scrums
- Completed any of the following: Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Scrum Master
(CSM), Certified Product Owner (CPO), User Story Development, PMI-ACP
- A problem-solver with the ability to focus on sprint/task details while maintaining the "big
picture" product/release view
- Able to show strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and
- Able to lead, coach and provide activities and daily feedback to grow your team and team
WHAT WE OFFER
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Flexible Working Hours
- Work from home
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (pool table, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- New and modern office, easy to access (M Aurel Vlaicu), spacious desks, latest
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.