O ur platforms are constantly evolving due to the increased electronification of the booking of complex OTC d erivatives as well as maintaining alignment with the latest regulatory changes. Our platforms are also adapting to enhance our data analytics offerings using the latest industry tool sets.
No financial services experience is required and with this position being especially attractive to those looking to enter the world of F in T ech.
You will have 6 + years' experience of Java development in order to meet the needs of our expanding portfolio of Financial Services clients. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a team based out of Gurgaon and to work with colleagues across multiple regions globally and a s a senior technologist you may be expected to lead a small feature team to deliver complex functionality and design a test strategy around your delivery whilst remaining hands-on.
What You'll Do
- The candidate will be expected to take ownership of development tasks assigned to them and
will produce high quality software to deliver on these tasks.
- The candidate is expected to be well versed in principles of and best practices in software
development and should be able to apply them within the boundaries and constraints of the project
they work in.
- With a strong focus on software quality, productivity and delivery, the candidate will seek
value in and exercise all aspects of DevOps.
- The candidate should be able to design or assist in designing components and subsystems based
on the requirements and specifications provided by the Business Analysts.
- They should be able to decompose their development tasks based on their designs and provide
- They will be expected to communicate and collaborate with Business Analysts to clarify
requirements. Their collaboration with Quality Assurance will ensure bugs being resolved
effectively and efficiently.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Java 8
- Solid software design skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively learn about the system (quick learner)
- Takes pride in their work, committed to meeting deadlines and producing high-quality code
that results in minimal rework
- Understand and write performant, testable and maintainable code
- Experience of Test-Driven Development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Core Java, Spring , SpringBoot , XML Processing
- RESTful Server development
- JMS (ActiveMQ)
Secondary Skills (Good to have)
- Angular JS
- Good understanding for Amazon Web services
- BI process understanding.
- Knowledge / experience of CI/CD, Docker, Git and PaaS
- Understanding of multi-threading
MarkitSERV combines the flagship electronic trade confirmation, position reconciliation and related workflow platforms from its parent companies to provide a single gateway for over-the-counter (OTC) derivative transaction processing globally. Our combined solution helps to reduce operational risk, streamline processing and improve the safety and certainty of the OTC derivatives markets by simplifying and automating trade processing across the major asset classes.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.