IHS Markit is a dynamic organization, bringing some of the brightest minds from all over the world together. By continuously asking 'what if', we deliver impactful, real-world analytics and intelligence for industries and markets all around the world - in everything from finance to aerospace. The products, services and information we provide will uncover more intelligent solutions to today's most critical business challenges. Here, you will drive insights for some of the world's most influential companies. If you are ready to be a force of intelligence, join us! Your future team focuses on developing one of the main products for the Energy Division.
We are looking for an exceptional Junior Software Engineer to join a new agile team based in Gdansk, Poland. You will work closely with your team and sister teams based in Gdansk and North America to build first class cloud-based solutions for our energy division.
- Work in a team environment using Agile practices.
- Develop front-end and backend components of the Web Application.
- Utilize Continuous Integration and Pair Programming development methods.
- Collaborate closely with other developers, front-end designers, stakeholders and internal customers.
- Assist in the migration from legacy systems.
- Constantly learn from and educate others to improve yourself and the project.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Good understanding of OOP.
- Full project life-cycle experience - in C# / .NET Core.
- Ability to solve complex problems and learn from mistakes.
- Familiarity with database concepts.
- Strong unit testing and troubleshooting skills.
- Fluent knowledge of Polish and good knowledge of English.
Nice to have Qualifications and Skills:
- Back-end data modeling.
- Develop apps that run on a cloud infrastructure - AWS.
- Angular framework experience.
- Typescript experience
- Docker experience.
- Testing frameworks like XUnit, Moq.
- HTML5/CSS3 are a plus.
What we offer
- Working with the newest technologies
- Job position matched to your experience and expectations
- English classes
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance, MultiSport card)
- Fruit days, coffee, tea, chocolate
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.