Lead Data Scientist (CV, NLP)
IHS Markit is a global information company that provides expertise, data and solutions to 50,000+ customers helping them in making more informed decisions. Our research and development center in Minsk focuses on creation of three intellectual platforms of IHS Markit related to engineering and manufacturing domains. This includes scalable cognitive engines that help users - engineers, innovators and researchers - to discover and leverage knowledge locked in corporate repositories as well as in industry sources.
Our AI team in Minsk is looking for talents for the role of Lead Data Scientist critical for success of projects related to Computer vision (CV) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) for building novel intelligent components that enable document understanding, object detection, enrichment and linking of unstructured content. The job has R&D nature with the aim of production release and is based on the SOTA deep learning neural architectures with respect to recent scientific CV and NLP research, training on custom datasets produced by annotation team, use of the latest GPU hardware.
You will be responsible for research and development of intelligence behind document structure understanding solutions as part of IHS Markit products. Your role is needed to design and implement intelligent content understanding pipelines from raw document to a structured knowledge.
Your duties will include:
- Technically lead the team of data scientists and ML engineers to develop production ready components based on recent SOTA approaches for CV and NLP
- Hands-on researching, prototyping and building content understanding pipelines and working models as their components, including state of art neural architectures in combined Computer Vision and Natural Language Processing domains - data augmentation, model selection, pre-training, optimization, etc.
- Converting business problems to data science tasks collaborating with Product and Project managers
- Defining and/or influencing the strategy of research-intensive projects, including goal metrics, development process, toolsets and communications for optimal progress
- Hunting for quality datasets, including driving the development of datasets from scratch
- Learning and sharing new things around ML/DL for CV and NLP to keep the AI team on the cutting edge
You are a data scientist/deep learning engineer experienced in building the working intelligent solutions related to analysis of unstructured content, who is motivated by complex and fuzzy challenges. Your required qualifications and experience include:
- Degree in data science, math & computer science, statistics or related field
- 4+ years of professional experience in data science and deep learning with application to Computer Vision and/or Natural Language Processing
- Soft skills of a technical leader for the team (communication, engagement, patience, motivation, integrity)
- Strong programming skills in Python with engineering
- Strong practical experience in building of own DL models with TensorFlow, Keras and/or PyTorch, etc.
- Developed skills in algorithms and data structures
- Solid understanding of statistics and math behind deep learning
- English language (B1+)
The following will hugely increase our interest:
- Application of Computer Vision to Document Understanding (OCR, object detection, text embedding with custom pre-training or other)
- Strong experience with data analysis tools
- PhD degree in related field
- Publications in related domain
- Linux user experience
What we offer
Open and Collaborative Environment:
- Own product development based on science and technology
- Personal growth and career development supported on corporate level
- Support of self-study and research
- Development of own deep learning architectures
- Getting custom datasets from the team of professional annotators
- Training on powerful private GPU cloud
- Research and application of state-of-art models
- Development of own unique AI-driven products that work out-of-the-box and loved by world top companies
- Great colleagues and open atmosphere at workplace
- Knowledge and discoveries sharing inside and outside the team
- Collaboration with a great team of ML professionals
- Participation in international workshops and conferences
- Continuous education with invited tutors and paid online programs
- English language classes
- Employee stock options plans
- Vacation time increase with tenure
- Extended medical insurance for employees and their families
- Personal accident coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Reimbursement of sports activities
- Corporate and social events
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.