Pricing, Valuations and Reference Data (PVR) products and services offer a unique combination of content and industry expertise with cutting edge innovation and flawless technology. Solutions offer insight and analysis to enable our clients to make timely and efficient decisions, effectively manage risk & transform their operational processes.
The PVR technology team is looking for an architecturally minded Team Lead to join their growing Bucharest team.
In this Team Lead role, you will be responsible for architectural decisions and delivery management for the Totem application, providing the major market makers in OTC derivatives with definitive consensus market prices. More than 50 of the global leading banks, trading houses and other investment professionals use the Totem service as the key independent check of their trading book valuations.
To deliver high quality solutions to our clients, you will collaborate with a global team of technologists, Business Analysts and Business Stakeholders.
In addition to direct responsibility for the Totem technology team, we are looking for someone to provide leadership for the broader PVR team in Bucharest, developing the team culture and representing it within the local office community.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Develop new functionality and pricing services on the Totem platform
- Develop solutions for identified internal and or external business challenges
- Provide technical leadership and be accountable for the team delivery:
- Functional accuracy, timeliness, and in particular quality assurance
- Provide technical support to Totem Analysts
- Provide periodic "on call" support for key processing periods (e.g. month-end)
- ~3 days/evenings per month
- Set and grow the culture of the team
- Provide mentorship and support for team members
- Provide an environment for continuous growth and development for the team
- Provide indirect leadership for entire PVR team in Bucharest across
- Product Development
- Quantitative Analytics
- Good degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field from a top-tier institution
- At least 8 years of experience in Java environment
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Excellent communicator both written and verbally
- Also, useful: Experience of AWS or Oracle databases
What we offer
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (pool table, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- New and modern office, easy to access (M Aurel Vlaicu), spacious desks, latest technologies/equipment
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.