The Marketing Programs Senior Associate will be responsible for overseeing subscription marketing for our flagship news website JOC.com and continually optimizing these activities to ensure we are pushing quality traffic to our site that we are able to convert into paid subscribers.
Working closely with the rest of the Maritime & Trade team, this role is focused on driving new business initiatives through audience development and eCommerce sales. This person will have complete ownership of JOC.com's marketing funnel and all of the touch points necessary to convert our users from anonymous visitors to paid users.
To succeed in this role the Marketing Programs Senior Associate will need to have a "roll your sleeves up" mentality, a strong desire to learn new technologies and business processes, and a level of comfort solving problems on their own.
- Lead for analysis and presentation of internal metrics performance, including multiple
websites that support subscription and advertising sales. Responsible for distribution and
communication across the Maritime & Trade media products
- Responsible for regular communication of key metrics through weekly presentations in team
meetings, as well as internal updates. Produce reports on executed campaigns as well as special
- Produce, develop, and execute direct marketing campaigns to generate e-commerce sales and
drive awareness of products. Execution will include developing campaign concepts, copywriting,
email marketing, social media and preparing direct mail campaigns.
- Monitor, understand, and gain insights into customer behavior, using tools such as Google
Analytics, to drive marketing campaign performance. Segment across key verticals for effective
campaigns to drive results. Maintain regular postings to corporate social media accounts to drive
- Research and develop email marketing strategies with clear goals and metrics. Become
subject-matter expert on best practices related to growth and sustainability for online business
models and work with a team to create tools and templates for wider division implementation.
- Cross-train with customer service and assist with customer inquiries on an as-needed
- Bachelor's degree with a major in marketing or other related discipline.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, knowledge of AP style.
- Experience with the following software preferred:
- MS Office Suite, including a high degree of Excel proficiency.
- Salesforce Hubspot, Zoom Info, and Google Analytics.
- HTML and editing platforms i.e. Dreamweaver.
- Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Audition, Premier Pro).
- A fast learner with a strong desire to learn new technologies.
- Highly organized and focused with a strong attention to detail.
- Flexible and open to changing priorities.
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Comfortable presenting in meetings of various sizes, both in-person and remotely.
- Ability to work autonomously and find solutions to problems.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.