Are you an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented, problem solver? Do you enjoy building new and maintaining existing professional relationships?
We're looking for a Business Development Associate for Australia/New Zealand, within the Markit Digital Division to:
- Help to build the Digital business from a sales perspective, communicating opportunities and challenges to management as well as providing local market feedback to inform the product roadmap
- Assist with all aspects of business development including lead generation, relationship building, pipeline management, proposal development, high level solutions design, and pricing
- Leverage existing relationships and expand your network to help identify and prioritise target customer groups and regional areas of focus based on market opportunity
- Assist in the management of the entire sales lifecycle of a deal including liaising with other salespeople and client support as well as drafting contracts and interacting with Legal both within the firm and at the client
- Participate in the preparation of commercial proposals and contracts to both new prospects and existing clients
You will be working in the Markit Digital APAC Team which are based in Sydney Australia and Noida, India with the headquarters in Colorado, USA. The team in Sydney is cross-functional a regional head business development (focused on specific territories), UX/UI design, product owners and engineering. The team in India are focused on all aspects of technology from front-end and back-end engineering to Solution Architects. Coordination with the team in Boulder, CO is also needed to both build expertise in the product offering as well as to coordinate from a global strategy and product roadmap point of view.
- A degree in Finance or Technology and at least 1-3 years equivalent experience preferably in software development
- Prior experience in Financial, Software, and/or Digital sectors strongly preferred.
- Fluent in English with strong written and oral communication skills
- Looking to develop in Relationship selling, and Software platforms: InDesign, Salesforce and Microsoft Office.
- Entrepreneurial and willing to wear many hats
- A critical thinker and problem solver
- Well spoken, professional and able to present confidently to small groups
- A people person and a professional relationship builder
- The opportunity to work autonomously and grow business in a relatively green field
- Great benefits, smart colleagues who work hard and take pride in their work
- The satisfaction of learning something new every day and driving new business
We are happy to consider requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of working from home are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.