You will join the Advanced Analytics team at IHS Markit where you will be responsible for determining and implementing tools, platforms and best practices to facilitate the development and deployment of Data Science projects. Working alongside SMEs across industry verticals, the Department develops Proof of Concepts (POC) for breakthrough ideas which then leads to both the enhancements of existing products as well as the creation of new products and solutions.
You will be a key member of the IHS Markit Advanced Analytics team, reporting into Head of Data Science, Executive Director.
Key responsibilities include:
- Help improve the robustness and maintainability of the Advanced Analytics team deliverables while minimizing the time-to-market
- Actively explore and identify the latest relevant technologies
- Facilitate and encourage the adoption of the best and most appropriate of these by the Advanced Analytics team
- Connect with Data Scientists within the Business Lines and share and evangelise best practices across the firm provide actionable insights to clients
You are analytical thinker and you enjoy making an impact toward development and deployment of Data Science Projects.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- 7+ years of developing including Data Science / Machine Learning projects
- Mastery of Python
- Fluent English
- Good understanding of Data Science / Machine Learning concepts, challenges and project lifecycle
- MLOps experience with automation pipelines, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Continuous Deployment (e.g. Git, Airflow, MLflow and / or Kubeflow)
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP and / or Azure
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code software such as Terraform, Ansible, and Packer and container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Parallel / distributed computing experience and related frameworks such as Spark, Dask and / or Ray
- Able to understand internal user's needs and restrictions
- Ability to "sell" approaches where there is a short-term cost / long-term benefit trade-off
- Can influence without having executive power
- Able to report progress and summarize issues to a less technical audience
What we offer
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Participation in conferences and training
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance, MultiSport card)
- Chillout & fun room (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- Remote recruitment and onboarding process
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.