National OEM Sales Manager
Summary: Direct report to the Director, National OEM Sales with matrix reporting to VP, Global Sales, this position will have full responsibility for Enterprise EyeQ sales strategy and sales execution for IHS/aMM Automotive OEM customers. This position will manage sales strategy, drive a 5-step sales process with OEM's to sell EEQ, and support MEQ Regional OEM sales team with insights and contacts to grow aMM dealer network.
This person is required to have an in-depth understanding of the OEM's business, goals, strategies, industry trends and direction and how they map to IHS Markit & aMM products and solutions. This role will lead multiple opportunities concurrently at different sales stages and have assigned sales goals and objectives for both EEQ and MEQ product adoption.
General Job Duties:
- Develop and implement the strategic sales plans that drive both new and existing account revenue growth for aMM.
- Support sales processes, methodologies and organization structure to support rapid growth coming from both current and new OEM partners.
- Provide functional account leadership and drive organizational accountability by reviewing major account plans, monitoring and managing the sales pipeline, tracking progress against plans, ensuring accurate forecasting of revenue and expenses, developing annual and quarterly sales targets.
- Ability to adjust direction as needed and focus on sales initiatives to deliver on commitments.
- Collaborate cross functionally with peers and colleagues to share best-practices and to ensure that the "voice of the customer" is reflected in marketing, product, operational and decision-making processes.
- Positively manage change, both internally and externally.
- Work collaboratively with the team to ensure all are working towards the target customer account's business strategy - measured by regular meetings to discuss opportunities, the client's business and discuss and refine the account plan.
- Identify, coordinate, and deploy resources into the customer accounts, facilitate ongoing communication through regular meetings, and serve as primary point of contact on troubleshooting or issues requiring immediate attention for targeted accounts.
- Ensure appropriate time is dedicated to meet annual sales objectives by monitoring progress against account plans on a regular basis.
- Managing for results: This individual will have a proven track record as a decisive, action-oriented leader who has successfully translated sales strategies into measurable execution plans. S/he will be known for establishing strong and credible relationships at senior executive levels in customer organizations that yield sustainable growth, profitability, customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Leading OEM relationships: A qualified candidate will have market-validated skills around building, developing and retaining high performing accounts. This is a leader who communicates a vision that provides direction and focus; creates accountability; and proactively addresses problems before they affect performance.
- Building relationships and leading through influence: This individual will have a track record of working effectively across functions and geographies to assess options, incorporate input and drive alignment around business priorities. Approachable and open-minded, the successful candidate will be known for building trusted working relationships with sales leaders and peers.
- Presence and leadership style: S/he will have a well-developed executive presence and be expected to represent the company in interactions with colleagues, customers and partners. The VP must be an action-oriented yet thoughtful person of high integrity who leads by example. S/he must be an accomplished communicator with effective writing skills and the ability to create and deliver crisp, compelling presentations for internal and external consumption.
- Bachelor's degree mandatory, Master's degree a plus
- 15 years automotive selling experience (OEM level)
- 5 years OEM experience
- 2 years incentive experience
- Prior role as sales manager in auto sector
- Proven sales leadership to meet and/or exceed sales targets for a similar size and growth-oriented organization.
- Strongly target orientation, driven and hungry for results.
- Solid forecasting, sales planning, and regional outcome management.
- Comfortable driving external sales relationships at C level.
- Excellent track record managing teams in a complex geographic and matrixed environment.
- Strong commercial understanding and orientation within the Automotive sector.
- High levels of emotional intelligence and leadership, strong collaboration, communication and influence capabilities.
- Capability to input to business strategy and provide advice and guidance on product gaps and positively influence product development through VOC.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
Candidate can live and work remotely (preferably Southern California or Michigan) and must be able to travel to NY, MI and OEM locations to support sales and marketing initiatives on a regular basis. Candidate should also expect to attend NADA annual meetings and OEM specific events as needed.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.