At IHS Markit we believe in being inclusive.
IHS Markit is strongly committed to gender equality and opportunity in the workplace and creating a greater gender balance. Being able to attract, develop and retain female talent is important for us and we recognize that companies with gender balanced senior management teams perform better.
As part of our 'Return to Work' program, we encourage enthusiastic and talented women to get back to their chosen profession.
We are hiring .Net Developers with 4-7 yrs of experience for our Noida office.
Private Capital Markets division empowers private capital market participants to more effectively control their data. Whether it is for portfolio assessment, valuations, investor reporting, or on-demand insight into operating metrics of a specific asset, IHS Markit Private Capital Markets is the platform of choice.
IHS Markit is looking for a software engineer who is passionate about delivering high-value, high-impact solutions to the world's most demanding, high-profile clients. You'll play a key role in building and maintaining C# applications, including anything from back-end services to their client-end counterparts. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
What You'll Do
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Providing support for our application, working closely with product and account management teams
- Collaborate with development team and product management on design and development of new and existing software products
- Show an affinity for finding solutions through discussions with team members.
- Actively participate in our Scrum process: Standups, Refinements, Planning, Retrospectives, Demos
- Quickly understand system architecture and become involved in development, taking ownership of assigned modules to drive projects to completion
- Establish and maintain Continuous Deployment methodologies including working with SQA teams to enforce unit and automated testing
What You Need to Get the Job Done
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or Certified Development Program
· 4-7 years of application development experience on one or many of:
o .Net Core
o ASP.Net Core
o SQL Server/PostgreSQL
o Windows/Linux environment
o REST API
· Ability to work in team-oriented environment, and can work independently
· Experience with automated testing platforms, unit tests
· Experience working in an Agile Development environment
· Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
The following experience would be advantageous:
· Advanced Knowledge of OOP/OOD, Design patterns
· Understanding of Dependency Injection
· Integration technologies, especially with Web Services and Microservices
· Experience in creating and updating Nuget packages
· Experience using tools such as GitHub, Jira, Confluence, TFS, Artifactory, Docker, Splunk
· Experience with cloud-based technologies as provided by AWS
· Experience in Python, Redis, RabbitMQ, Unity, SimpleInjector
· Experience working with global teams
· Knowledge of Financial domain
What You'll Love About Us - Do ask us about these!
- Total Rewards. Monetary, beneficial and developmental rewards!
- Work Life Balance. You can't do a good job if your job is all you do!
- Prepare for the Future. Academy - we are all learners; we are all teachers!
- Employee Assistance Program. Confidential and Professional Counselling and Consulting.
- Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
- Internal Mobility. Grow with us!
Why you should join this program?
Opportunity to get back to the workforce in your relevant field
Dedicated buddy to help you settle and get up-to speed
Chance to work on latest tools and technology to learn and up skill yourself
Support group with similar new hires to kick start your journey
We look forward to working with some of the brightest talent to re-enter IHS Markit!
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.