OPISNAVX, part of OPIS by IHS Markit, delivers retail fuel prices, electric vehicle charging sites, and parking lot information in real time.
Through OPISNAVX, consumers (Automobile, OEM industries and navigation companies) are able to seek out the lowest gas station prices near them, find parking lots nearby with available spaces, easily locate EV charging stations and much more through convenient in-dash applications and mobile devices in their cars.
As a PHP Software Developer, you will:
- Work in a team environment using Agile practices
- Develop frameworks and tools to process and analyze large amounts of data
- Utilize Continuous Integration and code review methods
- Contribute to a cross-functional team building new capabilities for our API's
- Write and improve PHP code according to internal standards
- Develop PHP & MySQL web applications focusing on high-availability and performance
- Use your expertise to create custom web components and styles
- Collaborate closely with other developers, internal and external customers
- Constantly learn from and educate others to improve yourself and our products (Gas Stations,
Electric Vehicle Charging Site, Parking Lot Availability & Location)
As a PHP Software Developer, you will be expected to have:
- Hands-on experience with Web Applications and programming languages such as HTML5, CSS3,
- Experience in building reusable UI components for front-end integrations
- Ability to solve complex problems and learn from mistakes
- Familiarity with database concepts (MySQL)
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Fluent knowledge of English
You will also need established experience in and/or knowledge of:
- Back-end data modeling
- Develop apps that run on a mobile or other devices
- Previous experience with other programming languages like Python or Java
- Testing frameworks, PHP Unit, Selenium
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol, XML parsing
- Experience using GIT, Jira, Confluence
- Experience with a CI/CD Platform such as Jenkins
WHAT WE OFFER
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (pool tennis, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- Parking Place
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.