IHS Markit is the leading source of information and insight in critical areas that shape today's business landscape. Customers around the world rely on us to address strategic and operational challenges. IHS Markit combines information, analytics and expertise to provide solutions for business, finance and government. We help our customers see why things happen and focus on what really matters so they can make confident decisions to improve efficiency, outpace competitors and drive growth.
As a Junior PostgreSQL DBA, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining database managed services for the Global Midstream organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- Database Administration (PostgreSQL, Oracle), resource capacity planning & costs.
- Monitoring of databases, housekeeping and operational support
- Support the migration of on-prem databases to the cloud, executing change releases and upgrading installations
- Support the development lifecycle in collaboration with agile development teams
- Perform proactive checks on production servers and performance tuning
- Enabling and following database security best practices
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum B.Sc. in software engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years experience as a PostgreSQL database administra
- Windows and Linux O/S proficiency
- Experience with change control policies in a company with agreed Service Level Agreements to internal business units or external clients
- Experience working with global teams and liaising with business and development groups
- Fluency in English
Nice to have:
- AWS or Azure Cloud knowledge
- Python Programming/Scripting
- PL / SQL or T-SQL Knowledge
- Knowledge of GIS and the ESRI platform
What we offer
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Competitive salary
- Participation in conferences and training
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance, Multisport card)
- English classes
- Fruit days, coffee, tea, chocolate
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.