IHS Markit is the leading provider of Clean Technology & Renewables research and insight and is currently looking to recruit a principal analyst focused on battery energy storage in Boston to support its rapidly growing and successful team. The team is located across various locations in Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
The individual will be a key contributor to the global Clean Technology and Renewables team, and will support clients by providing detailed market data, research and insight. They will focus on the quickly developing market for energy storage and batteries, covering technology trends, the competitive environment, business models, specific policy and supply chain analysis. The analyst will lead analysis and research initiatives, develop written reports, and deliver presentations at live and virtual events.
The successful candidate will be keen to apply strong industry knowledge, as well as established and proven analytical and communication skills, realizing valuable relationships with existing and potential clients, and produce high quality in-depth reports to support the critical business decisions of our customers
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of relevant experience and advanced knowledge of the energy storage industry. Prior experience of working in a research analyst role is highly valued.
Interested applicants wishing to be considered should submit a resume and a cover letter highlighting their applicable qualifications via the link provided.
General Job Duties:
- Collect, manage and analyze market data to track and identify trends, policies, stakeholders,
projects, and technology developments in the energy storage area and support research of the
Clean Technology & Renewables group within IHS Markit
- Create high quality quantitative and qualitive regional and global market reports analyzing
the status and outlook for energy storage
- Work with a global and regional technology team to co-ordinate viewpoints and align data and
- Coordinate with other IHS Markit groups to develop technology analysis, strategic reports,
and project databases
- Develop excellent relationships with companies to better understand their perspectives,
views, opinions and needs and incorporate into IHS Markit's research agenda
- Write and distribute regular research notes that analyze latest news and developments to both
clients and press
- Support client requests by providing quick and comprehensive answers to questions about
research findings. On-site and by phone presentations are regularly required
- Contribute to consulting projects as determined by client business needs, typically working
in collaboration with a broader team
- Work with our global sales and marketing teams to promote our research, and support client
renewals to ensure commercial targets are met
- Travel may be required for customer-facing related activities, conferences, tradeshows, and
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the energy storage and battery industries
- Established research, analysis and data handling skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment working in close
alignment with both regional and global teams
- Knowledge of MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with databases
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Organization skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- At least 5 years of relevant experience of market analysis and/or directly related
experience within the energy storage industry is strongly valued
Education and Certifications:
- Relevant University degree (Bachelors or equivalent)
- Graduate degree with quantitative experience highly desirable
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.