The IHS Markit Soda Ash team is the top soda ash consultancy in the world leading the way in delivering insight and analysis to the soda ash and allied industries. With the World's most comprehensive, primary data assets, IHS Markit works closely with major producers and key end users of soda ash across the world from chemical companies to multinationals including glass and detergents producers. Our data gives key insights into business planning.
As part of the Inorganics Chemicals division, the soda ash team comprises of four analysts focusing on soda ash and allied products.
As a Principal Analyst you will be a key member of the IHS Markit soda ash team. Reporting into the Executive Director, you will support our monthly market publications, quarterly webinars, annual studies and conferences.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing primary research and ongoing analysis for markets all over the world.
- Building and nourishing personal relationships with key contacts across the world, both soda ash producers and key end users.
- Develop market presentations and pursue opportunities to present information in face-to-face meetings and at conferences.
- Provides regular neutral and objective price inputs and written analysis for Market Advisory Service reports.
- Develops and maintains a fundamental working understanding of IHS Chemical basic supply/demand and econometric price forecast models.
- Identifies new business opportunities.
- Regional and global travel.
- Five or more years of chemical industry experience. Experience in the chlor-alkali/soda ash sector would be beneficial. Commercial experience is desirable.
- University degree required. Chemical engineering or chemistry degree preferred; MBA or other graduate degree is desirable
- Outgoing personality. Ability and willingness to establish and maintain personal relationships and develop high degree of trust at multiple levels within a client's organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including fluent in English
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong computer modelling and excel spreadsheet management skills. Advanced excel skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional suite
- Persuasive speaker at all client levels to small and large audiences
- Demonstrated "team player"; ability to internalize organizational strategy and objectives; team leadership experience with demonstrated ability to motivate for collaborative success. Drives for action and results.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (after travel is safe)
- Preference for candidate to be London based
What we offer
- Cash incentive plan and equity award
- Options to work from home (up to 8 days per month)
- Career development plan within IHS Markit
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Strong client base and broad product line
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.