At IHS Markit, we are building a software solution that connects data in revolutionary ways, illuminating answers that were previously impossible to find and empowering our clients to envision the future, so they can determine the best course of action in the present. We are disrupting the current digital transformation landscape with state-of-the-art AI developed by a passionate team explore and push the boundaries of digital transformation technologies.
Our development team architect and design high-availability, scalable, and fault tolerant systems that are decoupled and easy-to-maintain. A core part of our development philosophy revolves around Microservices and the DevOps model. All our new products are developed using a microservice architecture, are containerized, and are then deployed on container management systems such as Kubernetes. The developers on our teams subscribe to a DevOps model where time-to-market functions as a vital measure of our performance, productivity, and success. We are committed to stay ahead of the curve and we are always looking at new technologies that can enhance our product offerings.
IHS Markit is seeking an experienced, driven, Principal Software Engineer based in Denver, CO who will report to the Associate Director of Software Development for our greenfield project in digital transformation. The candidate has experience with developing and deploying native cloud-based solutions, possesses a passion for container-based technologies, immutable infrastructure, and continuous delivery practices in deploying global commercial software. As Principal Software Engineer, you are also skilled in executing multiple programming languages and techniques across framework, API, and persistence layers by strategically deploying the right tool for the right job to address fast-paced business requirements. You are hands-on and committed to actively engaging with a global, agile delivery team.
- Provides thought leadership in technology direction, technical services, vendor partnership,
and industry standards adoption.
- Are "biased towards action" and taking ownership instead of being blocked by problems and
- Champion the appropriate use of technology and provide leadership in balancing technical
elegance with functional requirements and practical benefits, as we implement and integrate
- Improve and maintain continuous deployment methodologies including working with SQA teams to
enable unit, regression, and integration testing.
- Serve as mentor and coach to teammates and provide technical leadership to the team.
- Maintain an excellent understanding of the business, long term goals and strategy and ensures
that designs are aligned.
- Believe in monitoring, QA, and security as a first-class citizen in any product.
- Able to understand requirements in context to design solutions, rather than take them at face
- Dedicated to automation, documentation, and collaboration at all stages of the engineering
- Sensitive to the balance of performance and cost with the ability to communicate and optimize
for the requirements of each.
Education / Experience
- Eight (8) or more years of increasing responsibility in technical roles, with 3 or more years
of experience technical mentoring and guiding junior team members
- Existing experience with container runtimes and container management systems such as
- Ability to work with wide variety of programming languages with exceptional understanding of
the core project language .Net Core
- Experience in Microservice architecture and development including REST based APIs
- Experience with NoSql design principles and WCS repositories such as Cassandra is
- Experience developing software for high volume data ingestion using technologies such as
Storm, Kafka and Redis
- Cloud experience with deploying and integrating cloud native applications with several
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Able to navigate ambiguous situations by asking the right questions.
- Experience working with search applications is a plus
- Real-World experience architecting and developing SaaS/PaaS applications using C#
- Experience developing applications using graph databases such as Neo4j or Amazon Neptune is a
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance
plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3
volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on
our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated base salary range for this role
would be between $91,080 and $115,000. Compensation will be determined by the education,
experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.