Principal Technical Project Manager (Associate Director Level - IC8)
Noida or Gurgaon (India)
IT End User Computing & Collaboration (EUC&C)
Group Technology Services
IHS Markit's IT division delivers a globally consistent operational model with consolidated toolsets and compliant processes in support of all IHS Markit products.
The IT division consists of over 650 IT professionals supporting over 16,000 employees and a server estate of more than 15,000 Linux and Windows servers.
Support staff are based in 6 major locations (Denver, New York, London, India & Malaysia) which allows IT to provide 'follow-the-sun' support to our product groups on a 24 x 7 basis. The IT division is organised on a Global, Regional and Local basis with the appropriate capabilities in each area to meet the business needs and drive the most efficient organisation.
The Senior Project Manager's prime responsibility is to manage the End User Computing & Collaboration (EUC&C) Technology Portfolio and ensure that projects under their control produce the required products to the defined standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost. The Delivery Manager is also responsible for their projects producing a result capable of achieving the benefits defined in the business case.
The post-holder will be assigned to work on Markit's numerous infrastructure projects and be able to priorities, effectively manage and escalate appropriately. The focus will be on working with IHS Markit's business teams to establish business service and application dependencies on the infrastructure.
- Operational Management
- Prioritising IT delivery priorities with the business and monitoring work-using methodologies such agile and/or waterfall project approaches.
- Ensuring IT driven initiatives, where input is needed from business lines, are prioritised along with business initiatives.
- Monitoring and controlling the project, including reporting progress against plan to the Project Board, Programme Management and other stakeholders
- The incumbent will assume overall ownership for the successful delivery of IT services to the business line, but will work with the End User and Collaboration & other IT teams to ensure sufficient resources are assigned to meet project timelines and deliverables.
- Developing strong relationships with virtual teams;
- Partner with the PMO office and IT Teams to facilitate a proactive IT/business engagement and transfer of knowledge with respect to IT/product roadmaps and plans.
- Client Service Management
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Technology Portfolio into the End User Computing & Collaboration division for infrastructure related Project requests etc.
- Partner with IT Teams & Business to facilitate a proactive business/IT engagement and transfer of knowledge with respect to product/IT roadmaps and plans.
- Maintains strong customer references. May serve as advisor/contributor for more complex engagements.
- Can deliver compelling leadership level presentations and can create insights to drive demand of these presentations.
- Effectively collaborate with peers to successfully grow their division.
- Effective and timely communication with both internal and external customers around business metrics, collaboration and information quality.
Duties & accountabilities
- Work closely with key business and development stakeholders, to understand and meet customer requirements.
- Champion team-working, re-use, knowledge sharing and promotes the support of the Global Operating Model.
- Works with IT Managers and department leads to ensure sufficient resources are assigned to meet project timelines and deliverables.
- Sources and develops strong talent pool and effectively leads subordinates. Typically manages individual contributor(s).
- Demonstrated ability to manage a significant number of complex projects and/or direct reports.
- Planning coordinating and reporting on all aspects of IT Infrastructure projects / programs from initiation to delivery.
- Oversees the integration of all service delivery units and constantly improves the quality and inter-working of the whole 'virtual' service team, (including suppliers) to ensure a seamless end-to-end delivery of service for business units.
- Challenges current methods and approaches for resolving technical issues, bringing insight, innovation and proactivity.
- Assists in educating customers and employees on IT practices, procedures and processes.
- Adherence to financial budgets and contributes to the annual planning and budgetary process.
- Keeps current with industry trends, quality initiatives and technology developments.
- Demonstrate critical thought leadership in analysing current state technology and making cost effective business justifications in moving to new paradigms.
- Maintains an awareness of the needs of the whole enterprise, and promotes a vision of the benefits that a common approach to IT.
Education and experience
- University graduate desirable or equivalent.
- Member of the Association of Project Management (APM) or the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- PRINCE 2 Practitioner desirable (Or equivalent)
- ITIL Certification desirable (Or equivalent)
- Management of project teams in the implementation of Infrastructure Projects (internal and external, geographically dispersed teams)
- Prior experience with delivering multiple infrastructure consolidation and migration projects required.
- Experience with identifying and monitoring the implementation of technology migration plans, dependencies and risks essential.
- Prior experience in defining technology infrastructure standards and advocating the adoption of standards beneficial.
- Experience of managing $5m - $10m Portfolios and Programs of work.
- Sound working knowledge of the following disciplines:
- Software and Infrastructure life cycle management.
- Network, Server, Web and Database technology design and implementation;
- Technology Security processes and best practices;
- Asset tracking and configuration management;
- Data centre hosting and management
- Highly focused on project delivery
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent estimating and planning skills
- Good presentation skills
- Person Management Skills
- Strong analytical and solution design skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Takes responsibility for their own actions and the actions of their team
- Displays energy, drive and stamina with the ability to progress multiple tasks at the same time.
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Can do attitude.
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally. Will be dealing with a variety of different people at all levels including senior management (both internal and external).
- Will need to work within a global environment and communicate clearly with teams in different geographic regions.
- Ability to work with 3rd party Vendors and consultants.
- Must be able to work in a team environment where influencing and motivational skills are paramount
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.