IHS Markit, Private Markets Team is looking for a Sales Development Rep who is passionate about developing qualified sales opportunities with some of the world's most demanding, high-profile clients.
As an SDR, we will give you the opportunity and means to take more control of your own career through your own hard work! You will collaborate with the sales executives across the organization to create a unique, value-add 'pitch' for each potential client. In addition to presenting qualified leads to Sales, you will be responsible for maintaining a robust pipeline of prospects.
What you'll work on:
- Reach out to, develop and convert prospects into qualified selling opportunities, and then
transition them effectively to the appropriate sales rep.
- Work closely with sales representatives to research firms with the greatest revenue potential
for IHS Markit's private markets team and develop targeted marketing campaigns to generate
- Drive attendance and conduct follow up for all events Corporate Sales attends or sponsors
(e.g. trade show) or produces (e.g. webinar, thought leadership event, commingling
- Work closely with the marketing team and leverage the marketing automation and CRM platforms
to identify the contacts and firms most engaged with Prism and most ready to be sold to.
- Regularly report on quantity, velocity, quality and conversion of marketing leads and sales
What we look for:
- 0-2 years work experience in a sales or marketing capacity, ideally at a financial technology
or solution services company, experience or knowledge of M&A and/or Private Equit is
preferred but not required
- Ability to develop a professional rapport and collaborate effectively with sales and
- Successful track record of high volume client outreach via email and phone
- Highly motivated and goal oriented, with a hunter mentality
- Working knowledge of using Salesforce
- Possess excellent oral and written communications, including the ability to effectively
present information to top management and executives (internally and externally) as required
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and make decisions with minimal
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.